Smart Money Gravitates to Wireless 'Net Startups
- Wireless farm team. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p9
Deals with the plan of Sprint PCS to start a wireless incubator with eCompanies Wireless. Purpose of the move; Requirements to be called an Internet incubator; Information on eCompanies; Challenges faced by incubators.
- Sprint PCS, eCompanies form wireless incubator. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p31
Focuses on the business incubator formed by Sprint PCS and eCompanies LLC to provide wireless communication services.
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Maybe Next Year? Beach, Tarre; Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the wireless services offered by Sprint PCS company. Reason of people for using Sprint PCS service; Cities covered by the signals of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
Presents information on wireless communication carrier Sprint PCS. Number of subscribers and employees in the third quarter of 2001; Information on the Clear Pay plan of the company.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.
- Sprint's 1X View. Lee, Barb // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p50
Provides information on the next-generation technology of Sprint PCS, a wireless communications company. Details regarding the technology; Investment for the technology; Impact of the innovation to data technology.