Games To Win Sweden's Spectrum Begin
- Fairness in telecommunications auction. Largent, Steve // Hill;6/28/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 79, p26
The author reflects on the regulations concerning auctions in the telecommunications industry in the U.S. He points out, in particular, the 700 megahertz spectrum auction in which a handful of groups are lobbying against an open and unbiased auction process in favor of one that is pre-ordained...
- Auction Action: Slower This Time Around? Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Reveals that the U.S. federal government stands to get billions of dollars from the June 2006 auction of advanced wireless services spectrum. Expectation that the bidding for the advanced wireless services will not as vigorous as previous auctions of spectrum; Information on the advanced...
- Return of the chocolate teapot. // Euronet;Dec2000, Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the criticisms about the fixed wireless access (FWA) in Great Britain. Controversial stance of FWA; Reactions from the FWA equipment vendors on the critiques; Results of the broadband FWA auction of the British government.
- Bids top $1B in Dutch UMTS auction. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p37
Focuses on the auction of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System in Hague, Netherlands. Details on the total amount of licenses sold; List of wireless communications companies participating in the bidding; Account on the granting of license A to KPN Mobile and British...
- Re-auction winners make plans for new spectrum. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the plans of wireless operators in the United States for the additional 1.9 GHz spectrum licenses auctioned in January 2001.
- SPARRING FOR SPECTRUM. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that the bidding in the government's auction of advanced wireless services spectrum is set to start in August 2006 in the U.S. With the start of the bidding, speculation has begun as satellite and cable consortiums set themselves up to do battle with traditional wireless...
- ANE to auction 700MHz spectrum in early 2015. // Latin America Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
The article announces the plan of Colombia's National Spectrum Agency to auction additional frequencies for its 700 megahertz wireless services in 2015.
- It's Not Over 'Til It's Over. Maas, Nancy // Wireless Design & Development;Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
The author discusses the August 9, 2006 auction of the FCC for advanced wireless service spectrum. She shares that a federal appeals court refused to delay the auction, finding that small businesses failed to show that irreparable harm was done by new bidding rules that were announced late in...
- Challenges continue as carriers align for AWS auction. Hill, Kelly; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
The article discusses the problems associated with the advanced wireless services auction in the U.S. on June 29, 2006. The Congressional Budget Office estimates the auction could raise $15 billion for the U.S. Treasury. It is unclear whether recent rule changes on blind bidding and...