Hitting The Road Again
- First class coach. Exley, Margaret // Management Today;Sep2000, p106
Responds to an inquiry on the career options of a senior manager in an information technology consulting firm who is frustrated with current job and wants to move into a more creative position. Challenges in seeking for creative jobs; Nature of creativity; Routine components of creative jobs.
- 4 Things That Sink New Executives, and How to Overcome Them. Carucci, Ron // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/9/2016, p2
The article offers tips for new executives on overcoming challenges in professional transitions, including avoiding a larger-than-life persona by defining their image, creating purposeful messages as leaders, and learning from unfiltered information.
- Dream job. Gales, Ron // Across the Board;Feb95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p35
Comments on the common assumptions and expectations by former corporate executives regarding their switch to teaching in business schools. Executive as star of the class; Sufficiency of executives' experiences; Behavior of students; Ease of transition; Quality of facilities; Advice on how to...
- How new-wave careerists unlock top jobs. Kirby, James // BRW;01/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Reports on executives `career surfing' in Australia. The ability to move from one company to another at just the right moment; Comments from recruiters and employers; Recruiting relying less on formal qualifications and more on patterns of success; Bob Mansfield as an example of a career...
- THE REALLY PERVASIVE, REALLY FAT WIRELESS WORLD. // Siliconindia;Apr2001, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p48
Interviews Craig Farrill, managing director of inOvate and former chief technology officer of Vodafone AirTouch. Vision for a restructuring of the wireless communications sector; Solid business opportunity in the wireless Web space; Sources of funding for the build-out infrastructure for...
- Guitar Plays Second Fiddle To Radios For Farrill. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p25
Profiles Craig Farrill, managing director and chief technology officer of inOvate Communications Group. Previous jobs of Farrill; Views of Farrell on the challenges faced by the wireless industry.
- Five Rules for The Post-Boom. Lenarsky, Neal // Newsweek;9/23/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p65
Offers advice to corporate executive job seekers as of September 2002 and in light of a soft labor market. Idea that executives should maintain their professional networking ties; Indication that it is not a good time to switch careers because hiring managers have their choice among candidates...
- Crossing over. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;6/26/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 27, p38
Discusses career changes of four prominent advertising executives. Stacy Wall's move from commercials to television programs; How former creative director Larry Frey switched over to a TV production company, @radicalmedia; Transition of Chuck Bennett and Clay Williams from an ad agency to...
- Three-year study reveals shrinking banking industry. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/23/93, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p32
Discusses findings of the `Executive Career Transition Study' on banking executives conducted by Drake Beam Morin Inc. Impact of the failure to identify transferable skills on executives; Requirements for survival in the industry; Reasons for job loss; Job opportunity areas for displaced...