The Language of Harassment
- Protect your people. Conway, Laura; Yew, Julian // Employers Law;Nov2008, p18
The article explores options for employers on protecting staff from customer and contractor harassment. New legislation came into effect in April 2008 which imposes liability under the Sex Discrimination Act of 1975 of Great Britain on an employer that fails to protect employees during the...
- Managing today's workforce: Teenagers and sexual harassment. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Apr2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the management of the work place from sexual harassment especially the teenagers since they are inexperience in the U.S. It is said that sexual harassment us under the legislation Title VII. It is noted that supervisors should undergo sexual harassment training to combat...
- PROTECTING THE ACCUSED IN SEXUAL HARASSMENT INVESTIGATIONS: IS THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT AN ANSWER? Payne, Amy // Virginia Law Review;Apr2001, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p381
Analyzes the applicability of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to sexual harassment investigations in the United States. Background on sexual harassment law; Discussion on employer liability to victims; Threat of liability faced by an employer from accused harassers; Examination of the...
- Should Courts Penalize Harassment Victims Who Adopt Passive Coping Strategies? Lester, Toni P. // Labor Law Journal;Jun95, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p323
The article examines how the law in the United States and in Europe treat sexual harassment victims who adopt passive coping strategies. Some people believe that an employee should only be able to bring sexual harassment charges against a colleague if the employee makes it clear right from the...
- RIGHT SIDE OF THE LAW. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training Magazine;May2005, p20
Explains the need for line managers to understand the legal implications of their increasing responsibilities for human resource issues. Implication of the approval of the Californian Sexual Harassment Training Law for the legal world and personnel management; Increase in the number of sexual...
- JEDNAKOST I DISKRIMINACIJA U RADNOM ZAKONODAVSTVU BIH. Gradaščević-Sijerčić, Jasminka // GodiÅ¡njak Pravnog Fakulteta u Sarajevu;Dec2009, Vol. 52, p125
In the labor relations system in Bosnia and herzegovina, the antidiscrimination law is linked to regulations adopted and implemented in the Federation of Bosnia and herzegovina, Republika Srpska, BrÄko District of Bosnia and herzegovina, the Bih institutions, as well as to solutions in the...
- Sexual harassment. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p79
Reports that the British Employment Appeal Tribunal has given guidance on dealing with claims of sexual harassment, as presented in the case `Mr. P. Reed and Bull Information Services Ltd. vs. Ms. D. Stedman.'
- How to handle a complaint of sexual harassment by staff. // Same-Day Surgery;May2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p49
The article discusses the liability issues involved in sexual harassment complaints against physicians.
- Employers easier targets for sexual harassment suits. Sparks, Gil // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 8, pC10
Discusses the liability of employers for sexual harassment suits. Rulings of the United States (US) Supreme Court for two sexual harassment cases; Background on the law regarding the issue; How an employer may avoid the liability.