WHY GETTING STAFF TO BELIEVE IN FIRMS' COMMITMENT TO CSR IS A PROCESS OF NEGOTIATION
- Blinkers must come off to benefits of CSR. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;7/16/2002, p4
Focuses on the organizational benefits of corporate social responsibility in Great Britain. Importance of community involvement; Attraction and retention of employees; Improvement of leadership commitment.
- DEFINITION AND OPERATIONALIZATION OF CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP: A CROSS-CULTURAL APPROACH. Maignan, Isabelle; Ferrell, O.C.; Sherrell, Daniel L. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1998, Vol. 9, p128
Examines the operationalization of corporate citizenship using cross-cultural approach in France and United States. Assessment of corporate social responsibility; Enhancement of external validity; Improvement on the well-being of employees and customers.
- How to... ...set up a CSR programme. // People Management;10/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p50
Recommends ways in establishing corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs. Purpose of CSR; Responsibilities of the human resource departments; People who are affected by the CSR programs. INSET: KEY CHALLENGES TO OVERCOME.
- How to sustain performance. // People Management;Jun2012, p54
The article announces the addition of information about the Sustainable Organisation Performance programme to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) website, which reports on human resources' (HR's) role in corporate responsibility and building trust in organisations.
- HR must innovate to ensure success of CSR. // Personnel Today;7/23/2002, p4
Reports the aim of human resource management to ensure success of corporate social responsibility projects through innovations in Great Britain.
- Would the 'real' HR staff please stand up. Kearns, Paul // Personnel Today;7/23/2002, p17
Comments on the abuses of human resource (HR) personnel among organizations. Agglomeration of activities under the HR umbrella; Emphasis on management knowledge, organizational design, managing human capital and corporate social responsibility; Application of different strategies for efficient...
- …in brief. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p8
Reports developments related to personnel management in Great Britain as of July 2002. Launch of media awareness campaign against job stress by the Health and Safety Executive; Policies for corporate social responsibility implemented by retailers; Appropriations for the National Health Services...
- HR can prevent repeat of another WorldCom. // Personnel Today;7/2/2002, p1
Reports the role of human resource (HR) management professionals in preventing the WorldCom crisis. Involvement of HR in corporate social responsibility (CSR); Decline of the worldwide stock exchanges; Views of economist John Philpott on the importance of HR management professionals on CSR.
- Business ethics rules may be the right move. O'Relly, Noel // Personnel Today;7/2/2002, p2
Comments on the proposed legislation on corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the European Union countries. Role of human resource management professionals in implementing the CSR; Reactions of companies on CSR.