- Internal evolution. KENEIPP, WENDY // Employee Benefit Adviser;Sep2014, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p58
The article offers best practices for independent brokerages in improving internal development in the workplace. Topics discussed include knowing client experience, and defining individual roles and responsibilities of employees. Also mentioned is creating career path for employees by offering...
- FREE LEADERSHIP EXPERTISE. // Works Management;Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the Industrial Society's Managing Best Practice survey that reveals that almost 80% of organizations report a growing emphasis on leadership development over the last three years. These organizations also claim that this development is no longer restricted to designated...
- Careers In Human Resource Development. Hutcheson, Peggy; Chalofsky, Neal // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
Examines career development issues for human resource personnel. Career orientation; Career paths; Work roles in human resource development; List of careers in human resource development; Viable points of entry into human resource development.
- The System's the Thing. Verlander, Edward G. // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the need to involve managers in a career management system (CMS). Elements of an effective CMS; Importance of management support to the success of a CMS; Officials responsible for the success of the CMS.
- CHINESE PUZZLE. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p40
This article discusses how the Chinese human resource (HR) community can ensure the workforce is equipped to meet the demands of the future. A study showed that the role of learning, training and development in China would be fundamentally the same with other countries. It is suggested that HR...
- Back to the Campus: Career Development in an Academic Setting. Kahnweiler, Jennifer B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p54
Suggests that colleges and universities are increasingly opening their doors to people interested in career development. Role of the academic route in meeting the demand for career development; Training workshops; One-to-one training approach.
- The Career Audit. Jaffe, Betsy // Training & Development Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p45
Presents a career management tool that takes into consideration the realities of work life. Examination of career goals; Ways of managing responsibilities; Resources that apply to the changing career scene.
- Fail-Safe Pilot Programs. Derven, Marjorie Garfunkel // Training & Development Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the preparation of a pilot for a new employee training program. Selection of participants for the pilot; Maximization of learners' attitudes; Implementation of the pilot program; Evaluation of the pilot's outcome.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;5/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p13
Presents updates on people management in Great Britain as of May 2002. Selection of training guru; Assessment of job applicants; Factors to consider in career management.