- Internal evolution. KENEIPP, WENDY // Employee Benefit Adviser;Sep2014, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p58
The article offers best practices for independent brokerages in improving internal development in the workplace. Topics discussed include knowing client experience, and defining individual roles and responsibilities of employees. Also mentioned is creating career path for employees by offering...
- FREE LEADERSHIP EXPERTISE. // Works Management;Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the Industrial Society's Managing Best Practice survey that reveals that almost 80% of organizations report a growing emphasis on leadership development over the last three years. These organizations also claim that this development is no longer restricted to designated...
- The 12-Fold Path to CD Enlightenment. Leibowitz, Zandy B.; Farren, Caela; Kaye, Beverly // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the driving principles of a successful career development (CD) program. Extent to which systems models and approaches underlie CD programs; Definition of organizational problems; Alignment of the CD program with the objectives of the human resources department; Outline of a...
- Meeting the Need for Employees Development in the 21st Century. Shah, Amit; Sterrett, Charles; Chesser, Jerry; Wilmore, Jessica // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p22
Recommends several employee training programs. Concept of corporate universities; Methodology of self-directed learning; Forms of outsourcing used by training programs.
- COLUMN: Learning key to job success. Luptakova, Stanislava // Slovak Spectator;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, pIV
Addresses the importance of training and development in human resources management in Slovakia. Failure of employees to enhance their competence and take responsibility for their development; Increase in the number of companies who find it hard to attract suitable employees for the jobs they...
- Careers In Human Resource Development. Hutcheson, Peggy; Chalofsky, Neal // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
Examines career development issues for human resource personnel. Career orientation; Career paths; Work roles in human resource development; List of careers in human resource development; Viable points of entry into human resource development.
- The System's the Thing. Verlander, Edward G. // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the need to involve managers in a career management system (CMS). Elements of an effective CMS; Importance of management support to the success of a CMS; Officials responsible for the success of the CMS.
- CHINESE PUZZLE. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p40
This article discusses how the Chinese human resource (HR) community can ensure the workforce is equipped to meet the demands of the future. A study showed that the role of learning, training and development in China would be fundamentally the same with other countries. It is suggested that HR...
- Back to the Campus: Career Development in an Academic Setting. Kahnweiler, Jennifer B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p54
Suggests that colleges and universities are increasingly opening their doors to people interested in career development. Role of the academic route in meeting the demand for career development; Training workshops; One-to-one training approach.