Consider differences in culture in Virgin territory
- Virgin Atlantic set to recall axed staff. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/6/2002, Issue 2512, p8
Reports on the plan of air carrier Virgin Atlantic to recall some of the terminated employees after September 11, 2001. Number of vacancies at the airline; Staff needed by Virgin; Destinations to which the carrier plans to expand services.
- Virgin seeks 1,400 staff for new routes. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/29/2004, Issue 2607, p8
Reports on the recruitment of additional staff by the airline Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. in Great Britain. Launch of additional routes by the firm; Increase in the services of the company; Benefits of the expansion to the firm.
- Agents sign up for Virgin pay scheme. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/29/2004, Issue 2607, p76
Reports on the confirmation of Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. on the membership of its agent remuneration scheme Colours in Great Britain. Total travel agents that signed up to the scheme; Plans of the airline to launch several routes; Aim of the company to hire additional staff.
- Staff to support growth. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/1/2005, Issue 1776, p4
The article reports that Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. is to recruit 1,500 staff over the next 18 months to support the airline's continued growth. The carrier launches a twice-weekly Gatwick-Havana route next month and weekly Gatwick-Nassau flights, with 70% of seats expected to be filled by...
- "A return flight to Virgin Touch.". Knight, James // Spa Management;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p66
Features the Virgin Touch, a British spa and beauty business that offers in-flight massages and part of the Virgin Atlantic Group. Places which serve as locations for in-flight services of the company; Remarks from Sara Wilce, manager of Virgin Touch, on the plans for expansion of the company;...
- New routes map out recovery for Virgin. Clarke, Michael // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/29/2004, Issue 1711, p6
Virgin Atlantic airlines has given a clear signal that Great Britain transatlantic market is returning to health with the launch of several routes and a huge recruitment drive. The carrier will launch direct services from Gatwick to Cuba and the Bahamas, as well as increasing frequencies to Las...
- Virgin 'lost very skilled people' in job cuts. // People Management;5/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p14
Deals with the loss of very skilled workers in the decision of Virgin Atlantic to reduce staff following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Percentage of employees retrenched by the company; Implications of the lack of redundancy procedures at Virgin; Number of staff to be recruited by...
- Hoseasons eyes staff. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/12/2004, Issue 1726, p2
Hoseans is set to recruit a Dutch of staff from the axed Virgin Travelstore operation. Hoseasons chief executive Richard Carrick has asked Travelstore to pass on CVs of staff interested in working for the operator, based in Lowestoft, Suffolk. Meanwhile, it is likely the Virgin Flightstore brand...
- hiring so you won't be firing. Cherne, Ferne // Supervision;Mar2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p10
Discusses steps to ensure that the best person is hired in a company. Common practice in hiring employees; Pitfalls in the hiring process; Aspects of hiring costly employees.