Counselling helps staff to work through cancer
- Tuition Reimbursement Helps Both Parties. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);7/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p24
This article presents information related to tuition reimbursement. Tuition reimbursement, in the author's opinion, is one of the best benefits an employer can offer its workers. Employers are giving employees a chance to increase their knowledge and broaden their skills. Even if they did leave...
- Police forces use cancer counselling. // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the introduction of specialist counselling for employees diagnosed with cancer and for the relatives and colleagues affected by it by two police forces in the west of England. The new service was provided through Dorset and Gloucestershire's employee assistance programme...
- Live the Pain, Learn the Hope: A Beginner's Guide to Cancer Counseling. Keeling, Wayne // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Jun76, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p502
Provides a guideline to counseling cancer patients. Way to handle the fear of dying; Uncertainty of the time of death; Relationship with other people; Way to deal with the treatment; Coordination of the cancer counseling team.
- The Evolution of a Cancer Support Center: A Work in Progress. Giarelli, Ellen; Throckmorton, Terry A.; Nemetz, Susan // Oncology Nursing Forum;Nov2002, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p1397
Discusses the evolution of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a cancer support center. Information on the standards and interventions developed by the center; Sources of fund for the center; Goals of the center's programs.
- TESTING TIMES. Harris, David // Commercial Motor;7/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p42
Emphasizes the need for truck operators to impose a routine alcohol and drug testing for their drivers. Factors to consider in implementing formal drink and drugs testing; Benefits of testing to employees' morale and confidence; Traditional methods that can be used in testing.
- Keep Your Cool At The Holiday Party. // TeamWork;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p4
The article offers tips on how to hold reputation and safety on holiday season as presented by the U.S. Department of Labor. It suggests that eating foods rich in starch and protein can stay longer in the stomach and can slow alcohol absorption. Moreover, employees are advised to act responsibly...
- Putting stress management front of mind. Brdidger, Steve // Corporate Adviser;Nov2011, p69
The author presents his views on the benefits of stress management at the workplace. He states that employee assistance programs, stress counseling help lines and access to comprehensive website that offers guidance related to employee stress can manage stress in the workplace. He further...
- Help for troubled employees and their families. // Management Services;Jun93, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p6
Employees under stress and worried by serious personal problems at work and at home are distracted from giving full attention to their jobs. An answer to this problem is the use of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) which are relatively new in Great Britain but have been commonplace in the...
- Your personal life assistant: Finding help through your company's employee assistance program. Blassingame, Kelley M. // Employee Benefit News;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p45
Provides information on employee assistance programs (EAP) in the U.S. to help employee-consumers on their benefit programs. Assessment of the EAP utilization rates in the country; Barriers for employees using an EAP; Factors that employees should demand from EAP services.