Rival riggers team up for certificate
- STANDARD FOR RIGGING AND STAGE MACHINERY. // TD&T: Theatre Design & Technology;Spring96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the Standards for Rigging and Stage Machinery of the U.S. Institute for Theatre Technology Inc. (USITT). It provides a guide for using wire rope swage fittings and wire rope clips for the termination of wire rope in load bearing applications. According to the article,...
- BON JOVI: ROBOT ROCK. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;7/24/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 29, p28
The article discusses the stage setting and production of the Circle Tour, a rock concert tour by the rock group Bon Jovi.
- Event Safety Alliance Sets Stage For Future. WELCH, KELLEIGH // Pro Sound News;Nov2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the creation of the Event Safety Alliance (ESA) to drive awareness for safety guidelines and standards for engineers, production managers, and other members of the American concert industry. ESA executive director Jim Digby explains thae the industry has to find a solution...
- RIGGING & SAFETY EQUIPMENT. // Stage Directions;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p136
Presents a directory containing information on U.S.-based suppliers and manufacturers of rigging and safety equipment for theater use. Acey Decy Lighting; Advanced Entertainment Services; Auto Stage.
- Stage Collapse in Italy Claims One, Injures More. Sandberg, Marian // Live Design Exclusive Insight;12/13/2011, p5
The article reports that due to a stage collapse, Italian rock musician Jovanotti cancelled his show in Trieste, Italy on 12, December, 2011.
- CURSE UNDER LIGHTS. Goldman, Michael // SRO, Staging Rental Operations;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the stage design and production for the Destroy the Ball--Find a Cure fundraising event which featured live performances by Billy Corgan and Rick Nielsen in Chicago, Illinois in February 2004. Stage area; Production challenges; Lighting design.
- 'Star Wars' vet finds fame with Lady Gaga's monster. Cohen, David S. // Variety;10/11/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 9, p23
The article focuses on puppeteer Tim Rose, an employee of Jim Henson Co., and his role in the design of the Fame Monster, part of the stage design of the rock concert tour of Lady Gaga.
- Arcade Fire Beach Ball Stunt. // Live Design;Apr2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the design of a concert extravaganza produced by the company Moment Factory which involved the dropping of 1,250 luminous beach balls onto an audience at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2011.
- New venue to boost Cardiff's live community. // Music Week;10/18/2008, Issue 42, p10
The article offers a profile a the live music venue SUB29 to open in Cardiff, Wales. The 800 capacity music club is the first to be launched by venue operator Sub Live Ltd., a group comprised of 15 local music promoters. Details of the refurbishing and refitting of the former comedy club are...