'Talent management up to managers, not HR.'
- The changing role of hr: partnering with managers. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Jun99, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the role of human resource department in an organization. Changes in the role of the department in the 1990s; Structure of the personnel department; Relationship between executives and their human resource partners; Role of strategic personnel planning in the organization.
- 'Throw away the rulebook', HR urged. Roberts, Jonathan // People Management;11/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p12
The article talks about the need for human resources (HR) to focus on actions that drive performance, according to human resource (HR) director Alex Wilson present at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Annual Conference 2005. Meanwhile, Tim Miller of Standard Chartered...
- A new deal. O'Dowd, John // People Management;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p38
Discusses personnel management developments in Ireland. Increase in pay package in the country in March 2003; Increase in organizations' spending on training in 1999; Percentage of human resource executives who thought that human resource departments had a significant impact on organizational...
- Some things are tricky to say. Moloney, Karen // People Management;7/14/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p46
The author presents his opinion about why a successful company might face problems concerning its human resource (HR) department. He states that the company is well equipped to succeed only in the present. He cites that he needs to inform those executives in charge about the social, demographic...
- HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY. Caddick, Karen // People Management;5/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p43
Presents an article on being a human resource (HR) director. Career background; Responsibilities as a global HR director at "Financial Times" periodical; Views on recruiting executives.
- Resources for HR Managers. // Business NH Magazine;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p39
Presents a directory of resources for human resource managers in New Hampshire.
- Taking the lead. Faragher, Jo // Personnel Today;5/9/2006, p22
The article focuses on issues related to the development of leadership skills of human resource (HR) executives. Many senior HR executives get heavily involved in building leadership development initiatives at their companies. John Fay, managing director of training company SFL, estimates that...
- Measuring up. Phillips, Jack J. // People Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p42
The article discusses the significance of the use of a reliable measure of the return on investment (ROI) in learning and development in human resource departments (HRD). Most executives realize that learning is a basic necessity when organizations are experiencing significant growth or...
- Our expertsâ€¦. // Personnel Today;7/10/2007, p33
The article profiles two experts in personnel management in Great Britain. Steve Miller is a well-known management, business and personal development trainer. On the other hand, Ros Taylor is a psychologist, businesswoman, author and television and radio presenter, as well as a prominent coach...