Mentors set to boost diversity of BBC's top staff
- LIFELINE. // Campaign (UK);9/3/2010, Issue 35, p19
The article focuses on the need to perform budget cuts based on the earnings and profits of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) from September 2009 to August 2010 as revealed by Mark Thompson, the director-general of BBC in Great Britain.
- Miserable small-mindedness. // New Statesman;07/24/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4496, pxx
Criticizes Mark Thompson, director of television at the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). Discussion on the views of Thompson about cultural elitism in Great Britain; Highlights on his speech in Canada; His plans for the BBC; Flaws of Thompson's plans.
- Learning without outcomes. Ogbonna, Emmanuel; Noon, Mike // Adults Learning;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the results of a research on the outcomes of employment training scheme (ETS) on ethnic minority adults in Great Britain. Participation rates and positive outcomes; Experiences of the training process; Access to work placement.
- BBC WEATHERS STORM OVER DISABILITY AD. // Recruiter;Jul2015, p9
The article discusses the issues over firm British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) advert for a weather presenter training programme aimed at people with disabilities, mentions the comments from law firm partners including Chris Seaton of Burges Salmon and Christopher Tutton of Irwin Mitchell, on same.
- LIFELINE. // Campaign;2/18/2011, Issue 7, p19
The article presents a lifeline regarding web television services which include the revealation of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) director-general Mark Thompson on forming a consortium to develop a platform via the internet in December 2008.
- ON THE RECORD. // Televisual;May2011, p6
The article presents quotes from British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) director-general Mark Thompson defending BBC compliance rules, BBC presenter Michael Mosley on filming a cancer victim's death, and television industry reporter regarding the results of plans to weaken Internet Protocol (IP) laws.
- BBC FIGHTS BACK. CLARKE, STEVE // Daily Variety;8/26/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 35, p5
The article reports that News Corp. executive James Murdoch was attacked by British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) topper Mark Thompson in his speech at the Edinburgh Television Festival.
- Thompson braces to bolt from Beeb. // Daily Variety;1/30/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the resignation of British Broadcasting Corp. director general Mark Thompson at the end of 2012 or early 2013.
- Topper confirms Beeb exit plan. // Daily Variety;3/20/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 56, p22
The article reports on the confirmation of Mark Thompson, director-general at British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC), concerning his plan to resign at the company in the fall of 2012.