Migrant law could create a 'brain drain' of talent
- Foreign investors at risk. // National Provisioner;Jun2011, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p64
The article reports on the requirement of foreign nationals to submit Forms I-9 for inspection by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to demonstrate that they employ authorized workers in the U.S. The regulatory compliance and unauthorized workers resulted to risk for foreign...
- Legislation clamps entitlement of immigrant workers. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;May94, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p149
Discusses two pieces of legislation which put restrictions on immigrants seeking to work or receive workers' benefits in the United States HR 3860. Sponsor of the Comprehensive Immigration and Asylum Reform Act of 1994.
- Give me your huddled masses...er, geniuses. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;8/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 191, p3
Focuses on how the limitations put on importing high-tech labor may be damaging United States businesses causing some companies in Silicon Valley to call for changes in the law.
- CORRECTION. // Hill;7/17/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 86, p3
A correction to the article regarding a bill that can increase H-1B visas for foreign workers that was published in the July 11, 2007 issue is presented.
- Polish govt backs flexible residence permits for foreigners. // Regional Today;06/20/2013, p3
The article reports that Poland's coalition government has approved draft legislation for more flexible residence and work permits for foreigners hoping to extend their stay in the country, including an increase in the maximum duration for a temporary residence permit from two to three years.
- New US guestworker rules proposed. // Hot Calaloo;May2011, p12
The article reports that the U.S. National Guestworker Alliance has proposed regulations that would ensure the workers in the country will not face retaliation for organizing unions and workers' centers.
- How to Invest in the Emerging Markets Now. Singer, Gregory D. // Trusts & Estates;Sep2013, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p56
The article discusses financial growth and investment strategies involving emerging markets holdings as of September 2013, focusing on gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates, an integrated global economy, and the potential impact of civil unrest on countries such as Brazil. Corporate...
- House bill raises cap on high-tech visas. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/26/98, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' passage of a bill that raises the cap on visas that allow foreign professionals to work in the United States. Number of highly skilled jobs in the computer industry that are unfilled nationwide; Provisions of the bill; Layoff protection for...
- Your Rights as a Foreign Worker. // Filipino Post;3/4/2010, p7
The article provides an overview to some laws for foreign workers in British Columbia (BC), which states that the employers must pay them in Canadian dollars through money order, cheque, or directly depositing the wage into their bank account, employees are not charged for any help they receive...