- The Winners and Losers of 2002. Mark, David; Waters, Ann Marie; Rahmoeller, David; Weigel, David; Jalonick, Mary Clare // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
Presents an assessment of the win-loss records of political consultants in the 2002 political campaigns and election cycle in the U.S. Criteria used in assessing the records.
- From The K Street Corridor. Vaida, Bara; Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;10/4/2008, p22
The article covers issues on U.S. politics and government as of October 2008. Four law and lobbying shops are convinced that a rescue bill will pass that they have rescue plans for attracting new business. Republicans are counting on vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin to pull in donations...
- Sleaze emanating from Enron debacle demands a return to regulation. Miller, Leslie // New Hampshire Business Review;01/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p11
No abstract available.
- CAMPAIGN CONSULTANT SIGN-UPS. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p15
Presents a directory of campaign consultants in the U.S. as of August 1, 2004.
- Susan Hendrix. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p21
Profiles co-founder Susan Hendrix of the Democratic firm Hendrix Coughlin Media. Career background; Goals; Political heroes; Predictions on U.S. politics.
- Consulting Q&A: Campaigning on the Internet. Jalonick, Mary Clare // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p51
Interviews several Web consultants in the U.S. about campaigning on the Internet. Use of the Internet in the 2002 elections; Costs of designing, hosting and maintaining campaign Web sites; Information on when and where campaigns use professional Web consultants as opposed to using volunteer...
- The right ear. // Human Events;12/10/99, Vol. 55 Issue 46, p28
Reports developments related to politics and government in the United States as of December 1999. Includes problem of Donna Brazile, campaign manager of Al Gore, with white men; Plan of Representative Steny Hoyer to run as majority whip; Concern of Democrats over presidential bid of Al Gore;...
- Pity the poor consultant. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;07/20/98, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p26
Describes the work and public perception of political consultants in the United States. Survey of consultants about candidates, the media, and the public; Consultants' self-esteem; What makes a successful consultant; Selling of cynicism; Why consultants can be whiners; Role of the candidate and...
- The Truman Years. Baruch, Bernard M. // Saturday Evening Post;10/15/1960, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p36
Relates the author's experiences as government adviser to the administration of U.S. President Harry S. Truman. Basis for the policies of the U.S. government; Formulation of a plan to control atomic energy; Appointment of the author as representative to the United Nations Atomic Energy Commission.