Sacramento Halts New Natomas Permits
- Holocene history of the Baltic Sea as a background for assessing records of human impact in the sediments of the Gotland Basin. Andrén, E.; Andrén, T.; Kunzendorf, H. // Holocene;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p687
Sediment cores from the Gotland Basin were studied for their siliceous microfossil assemblages and organic carbon content to compare recent environmental changes in the Baltic Sea with its natural long-term history. Age models were constructed using 210 Pb, 137 Cs and corrected and calibrated 14...
- Yarra Valley: Water reservoirs. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports that five Melbourne, Victoria firms have been helping Yarra Valley Water with sketches of how obsolete water basins can be developed as desirable residences. Prelude to selling five holes in the ground.
- Geology hints at high prospectivity offshore Sydney Basin. Roe, Laurence // Offshore;Jun2002, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p92
Provides geological information on Permo-Triassic offshore Sydney Basin in New South Wales. Geological setting of the basin; Major structural elements of the basin; Information of its petroleum reservoir potential.
- Lake Erie dead zone back. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p13
Reports the effort of scientists to determine the cause of the reappearance of a 'dead zone' in Lake Erie's central basin. Variation of zones; Problem with pollution and algae in the lake; Levels of phosphorous accumulation in the basin.
- Reply. Prave, Anthony R. // Geology;Dec97, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p1150
Responds to criticism of an article by Durr and Dingeldey, regarding the author's inference for nascent foreland basin development along the Norther Coastal Branch of the Damara orogen. Acknowledgment of misleading statements by the author; What the criticism referred to.
- Foreland depobasin response of the Witwatersrand Supergroup... de la R. Winter, H. // South African Journal of Geology;Jun94, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p119
Presents the basin analysis used to the East Rand region near Johannesberg which confirms the marginal basin structure. Summary of the lithostratigraphic and chronostratigraphic successions used in the study; Depositional pattern across the Rietfontein Fault; Basin and deltaic isopach trends;...
- MerÃn Lagoon Basin, Southeast Uruguay. // CO2 Science;4/4/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p10
The article offers brief information about MerÃn Lagoon Basin, located in Southeast Uruguay.
- Bransfield Basin, Antarctic Peninsula: Not a normal backarc basin. Gonzales-Casado, Jose M.; Giner-Robles, Jorge L. // Geology;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p1043
Focuses on the Bransfield Basin, a marginal basin located northwest of the Antarctic Peninsula. Consideration of the basin as a backarc basin associated with the rollback process that took place along an inactive plate boundary, the South Shetland Trench, where the Antarctic and the Phoenix...
- Tectonic events affecting the Witwatersrand Basin with... de la R. Winter, H. // South African Journal of Geology;Dec95, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p356
Provides information on the processes affecting the geological history of the Witwatersrand, Klipriverberg and Kameeldoorns depobasins and on the unconformities separating them. Systematic description of Witwatersrand Basin; Structural analysis of fault displacement in Rietfontein Mine; Local...