Consultants on the Rise
- Wall St. firms turn away from profit-exempt bonds. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p39
Reports that securities companies in New York City are eliminating their municipal bond departments. Factors behind the companies' decision to move away from the municipal bond sector; Impact of rising interest rates on the issuance of municipal bonds.
- Changes: Full Speed Ahead. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/24/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31002, p1
Reports on the expected changes in the municipal bond industry in the United States. Mergers and domestic and global partnerships; Effects of e-commerce on the trade of municipal bonds; Global consolidation in the financial services industry.
- NEWS. // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p8
Presents news items related to municipal bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of November 9, 2000. Municipal Analysts Group of New York luncheon; Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities' ninth annual National Workshop for State Revolving Loan Fund Managers; Luncheon...
- Southwestern Stampede. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports on the increase of the municipal bond volume in Southwestern United States in the first half of 2001. Municipal bonds issued by Texas; Benefits from lower market rates; Refunding deals in Colorado.
- Groups release plan to improve bondholder communications. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30403, p64
Discloses that six municipal market groups have recommended a set of uniform practices for issuers, trustees, lawyers, and broker-dealers to follow to make sure investors get notices about defaulted securities on a timely basis. Names of the groups involved; Aim to improve issuers'...
- MSRB study confirms big retail market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p1
Reports on an analysis of municipal securities trading made by the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Investors as typical holders of bonds; Institutional investors as source of the greatest dollar volume; Retail investors as source of a large number of trades; Frequent...
- GSCC Forming Backbone For Real-Time Matching. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;8/20/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p1
Reports the release of a real-time trade matching (RTTM) system by the Government Securities Clearing Corp. (GSCC) and Depository Trust and Clearing Corp. (DTCC). Creation of a centralized RTTM capabilities for fixed-income products; Capacity to identify problems easily; Provision of greater...
- Households have strongest third-quarter presence, fed says. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30791, p9
Reports on the holders of municipal bonds in the United States from 1989 to 1999. Holders of municipal bonds in the third quarter of 1999; Municipal securities held by broker-dealers.
- Munis Stay Firm; Citigroup Prices $94 Million Florida County Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p2
Focuses on the increase of gains in municipal bonds with the advancement of the new-issue sector underwriters of Palm Beach County, Florida revenue bonds. Decline of the treasury yields; Factor affecting the interest rate outlook; Plan of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate.