Wife battering: an exploration of the abuse of African women at two shelters in Johannesburg
- Study compares domestic violence in urban and rural women. Johnson, Marilou; Elliott, Barbara // American Family Physician;11/15/95, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p2082
Reports that women in a rural setting are more likely to be in a battering relationship than women in an urban setting. Success of domestic violence intervention program in the urban setting; Prevalence of domestic violence documented in the study.
- Special Series on Domestic Violence. // Off Our Backs;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9
Introduces a series of articles on domestic violence. History of the battered women's movement; Professionalization of battered women's shelters; Politics of domestic violence research.
- Working on domestic violence. // Occupational Hazards;Jan97, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p24
Discusses various aspects of women as victims of domestic violence in the United States. Interference of domestic violence with women's job; Participation of employed battered women to a pilot study; Harmful effect of domestic violence to employment; Programs to solve the problem of domestic...
- The scope of domestic violence in ED patients. Abbott, J.; Johnson, R. // Patient Care;8/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p205
Presents a survey about domestic violence committed to all women who sought medical care from three emergency departments and two walk-in clinics in Denver, Colorado during 30 simultaneous, four-hour time blocks in the spring of 1993. Sample population; Actual injury or threat; Volunteering the...
- Police to register women threatened by violent husbands UK. // Women's International Network News;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p42
Reports that the police in Great Britain were told to set up registers of women at risk from domestic violence by the Home Office Ministry. Background on the how the police deals with an incident involving domestic violence; Statistics on domestic violence.
- Reframing Our Approach to Domestic Violence: The Cyclic Batterer Syndrome. Nicolette, Jodean; Nuovo, Jim // American Family Physician;12/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p2498
Editorial. Suggests steps to help perpetrators of domestic violence in the United States. Reasons for placing emphasis on identifying and treating victims; Information on the intervention techniques in domestic violence; Percentage of women who suffered domestic violence during their lifetime.
- Violence against Women: Current Theory and Practice in Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence and Exploitation. Keeling, June // British Journal of Social Work;Sep2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1249
The article reviews the book "Violence against Women: Current Theory and Practice in Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence and Exploitation" by Nancy Lombard and Lesley Mcmillan.
- Survey on abuse rallies Japanese women. Davey, Denise // Herizons;Spring95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the efforts of Japanese women's groups to eliminate domestic violence in the country. Domestic Violence Research Group's survey on domestic violence; Social conditions; Women's Counselling Centre's counselling on prostitutes.
- Violence against women and consequent health problems: a register-based study. Helweg-Larsen, Karin; Kruse, Marie // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p51
Aims: This study set out to examine whether women victimized by domestic violence in a given year subsequently have more health problems measured by amount of hospital contacts due to disease than non-victimized women. Methods: A case control study was carried out, based on data in the Danish...