WEB SITES FOR SEXUALITY EDUCATORS AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- N.C. county removes gay references from sex ed plan. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/20/2003, Issue 791, p30
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina has removed gay references from its sex education plan. Promotion of tolerance in schools.
- Desarrollo de la identidad en lesbianas, gays, transexuales y bisexuales. HINOJOSA PAREJA, Ma. JOSÉ // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;jul2011, Issue 414, p30
No abstract available.
- MEDIAWAWATCH WITH CARRIE LYELL. // Diva;Dec2014, p25
The author discusses the lack of sex education for lesbians and gays in Great Britain.
- Bi Lie? // Guide;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Presents information on the a sex study conducted by researchers in Chicago and Toronto. Discussion on the findings that most of the bisexuals respond to sexually-charged visual stimulation more like gay men than straight men; Suggestions on the lead researcher's assertion that, for men, arousal...
- Katy Perry Hot, Parents Not Cool. Windish, Joe // Moderate Voice;9/26/2010, p4
Several blogs regarding parent & child relationship including a blog on Sesame Street's parodies and celebrity segments, another on Dutch parents' normalization of teenage sex and a blog on talking with kids about sex.
- Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World. Mitchoff, Kate Houston // School Library Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p57
Reviews the Web site Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World.
- Sexuality, sexual health. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Sep2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `STAND: A peer educator training curriculum for sexual risk reduction in the rural south,' by M.U. Smith and R.J. DiClemente, from the 2000 issue of `Preventative Medicine.'
- Gay sex ed. televised. // Advocate;3/14/73, Issue 107, p7
Reports on the availability of gay sex eduction in a for-credit television in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Ignorant or Insolent? Reid, Colleen // ScotsGay Magazine;Apr2007, Issue 75, p7
The author reflects on the pervasiveness of homophobia in Scotland. He claims that the abuse is far more entertaining for gays than for gay haters, but it can get annoying. In his opinion, the lack of exposure and education plays an important role in the pervasiveness of such an abusive...