- THE IMPORTANCE OF GETTING LOST. Bradner, Scott // Network World;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p56
Comments on the implications and significance of getting lost in light of the explosion of telecommunication technology. Global positioning satellite systems; Concern about the growing ability of individuals to track every movement of other people; Getting lost in thought as the best way of...
- Garmin defends stand-alone GPS market. Shepherd, Grant // Appliance Retailer;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article provides an overview on the status of the stand-alone global positioning system (GPS) market in Australia.
- Saving Private Location. Divis, Dee Ann // GPS World;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the implications of the growing trend on Global Positioning System (GPS) technology in the U.S. Limitations of the GPS; Several categories comprising the tracking technology and application; Consideration of the privacy concerns as the biggest obstacle to the development of commercial...
- THALES PROVIDES MICROZ CGRS STATIONS FOR POLISH GPS CORS. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports that telecommunications company Thales Navigation is providing Ashtech MicroZ CGRS reference stations to Poland for a pilot Global Positioning System continuously operating reference station network in the Polish province of Silesia.
- Cell-Based Location Services on Target and Japan has Cheapest WLAN. Scuka, Daniel // J@pan Inc.;May2003, Issue 43, p7
Reports on the location-based services in Japan. Comments from Darren Coleman on J-Phone's location service; Global positioning system chip used by KDDI in their navi service; Information on DoCoMo's Ima-Doco? service.
- Preparing for the Afterlife. Gibbons, Glen // GPS World;Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Comments on the lack of reaction to the United States government's deactivation of the selective availability (SA) feature of the Global Positioning System (GPS). Presidential Decision Directive on GPS which stated the goal of eliminating SA; Call for an annual presidential determination about...
- The New L5 Civil GPS Signal. Van Dierendonck, A.J. // GPS World;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p64
Discusses the L5 civil signal of the Global Positioning System. L5 signal parameters; Special design requirements; Basic structure of the L5 signal; Code selection and correlation properties; L5 message structure.
- A Most Human Condition. // GPS World;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the issues concerning Global Positioning System (GPS). Social implications of instant communications; Role of technology in preventing terrorist attacks; Benefits of using GPS innovations.
- This Is War: FCC's Disputed Limits. Davis, Dee Ann // GPS World;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the long-term debate over Global Positioning System spectrum. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) adoption of a position allowing mobile satellite services to augment their from-orbit signals with signals generated on the ground; Use of a ground system collectively called an...