- A new device for heart failure. // RN;Mar2003, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the use of a polyester mesh 'jacket fitted over the ventricles to prevent cardiac damage due to heart failure. Classification of heart failure; Realistic expectations.
- Examining consensus recommendations for patient management. Makalinao, Jose Mari R.; Fields, Suzanne D. // Geriatrics;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p53
Analyzes the 1999 consensus recommendations for patient management in chronic heart failure. Prevalence of chronic heart failure in the United States; Description on a clinical scenario; Information on the pharmacologic management.
- HEART FAILURE 101 . // Running & FitNews;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the symptoms, diagnosis and pathophysiology of heart failure.
- HOW HOT ARE YOU ONâ€¦ HEART FAILURE? // Pulse;6/7/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 22, p68
A short quiz concerning heart failure is presented.
- Introduction: From CCU to CHF: Bridging the Treatment gap. Cowie, Martin R. // Heart;May2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 91, pii2
Presents an introduction to the articles and topics discussed in the booklet "From CCU to CHF: Bridging the Treatment Gap."
- How Should We Interpret Pulmonary Crackles? Wilke, Allan J. // Internal Medicine Alert;7/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p105
The article discusses a study on the prevalence of pulmonary crackles in patients at high risk for heart failure which showed that audible crackles are common even among patients without symptoms of heart disease.
- Mini-Coq test predicted 30-day outcomes for patients with HF. Swain, Erik // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p38
The article presents information on Mini-Cog test for patients with heart failure (HF).
- PERSPECTIVE. Walsh, Mary Norine // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p38
The author discusses Mini-Cog test for patients with heart failure (HF).
- Review: exercise training delays death and hospital admission in chronic heart failure. Massie, Barry // Evidence Based Medicine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p137
The article provides an answer to a question about the importance of exercise training in delaying death of patients admitted to hospitals due to chronic heart failure.