- A new device for heart failure. // RN;Mar2003, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the use of a polyester mesh 'jacket fitted over the ventricles to prevent cardiac damage due to heart failure. Classification of heart failure; Realistic expectations.
- Examining consensus recommendations for patient management. Makalinao, Jose Mari R.; Fields, Suzanne D. // Geriatrics;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p53
Analyzes the 1999 consensus recommendations for patient management in chronic heart failure. Prevalence of chronic heart failure in the United States; Description on a clinical scenario; Information on the pharmacologic management.
- HEART FAILURE 101 . // Running & FitNews;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the symptoms, diagnosis and pathophysiology of heart failure.
- Clinical features and complications. Watson, R. D. S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/22/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7229, p236
Presents information on heart failure. Symptoms; Physical signs in patients suffering from heart failure; Classification of heart failure, according to the New York Heart Association; Complications and prognosis of heart failure.
- Patient Information: Q: How do I control my heart failure? // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p54
The article provides an answer to a question of how to control heart failure.
- HOW HOT ARE YOU ONï¿½ HEART FAILURE? // Pulse;6/7/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 22, p68
A short quiz concerning heart failure is presented.
- Introduction: From CCU to CHF: Bridging the Treatment gap. Cowie, Martin R. // Heart;May2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 91, pii2
Presents an introduction to the articles and topics discussed in the booklet "From CCU to CHF: Bridging the Treatment Gap."
- Clinical Pharmacy. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Oct2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1097, p87
A quiz related to the heart failure disease is presented.
- How Should We Interpret Pulmonary Crackles? Wilke, Allan J. // Internal Medicine Alert;7/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p105
The article discusses a study on the prevalence of pulmonary crackles in patients at high risk for heart failure which showed that audible crackles are common even among patients without symptoms of heart disease.