Efficacy of pneumococcal vaccination in adults: a meta-analysis
- Immune Response to Pneumococcal Conjugate and Polysaccharide Vaccines in Otitis-Prone and Otitis-Free Children. Barnett, Elizabeth D.; Pelton, Stephen I.; Cabral, Howard J.; Eavey, Roland D.; Allen, Carole; Cunningham, Michael J.; McNamara, Eileen R.; Klein, Jerome O. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p191
Provides information on a study which compared responses to the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine to understand the roles of vaccines in the prevention of pneumococcal disease including otitis media. How the study was conducted; Results; Discussion of...
- pneumococcal vaccine. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p443
The article presents information on pneumococcal vaccine which is used for immunization against pneumonia. There are two types of vaccine. First is the polyvalent unconjugated pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine and second is the polyvalent pneumococcal polysaccharide conjugated vaccine....
- Pneumovax II. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p443
The article presents information on Pneumovax II which is a proprietary, prescription-only vaccine preparation of pneumococcal vaccine in the form polyvalent unconjugated pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. It can be used for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia in people over two years for...
- Pnu-Imune. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p443
The article presents information on Pnu-Imune which is a proprietary, prescription-only vaccine preparation of pneumococcal vaccine in the form polyvalent unconjugated pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. It can be used for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia in people over two years for...
- Should the new pneumococcal vaccine be used in high-risk children? Finn, A.; Booy, R.; Moxon, R.; Sharland, M.; Heath, P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jul2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p18
Evaluates evidence concerning the use of the pneumococcal vaccine. Children at high risk for pneumococcal disease; Prevention of pneumococcal disease in high risk groups; Suggested dose regimens for pneumococcal immunization of vaccine naive high risk children.
- Adult immunization rates significantly lacking. Shafer, Emily // Infectious Disease News;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that coverage rate for pneumococcal vaccine among adults aged 19 to 64 years in the U.S. remains low as of October 2012.
- Erratum to: Pneumococcal vaccination: what have we learnt so far and what can we expect in the future? Torres, A.; Bonanni, P.; Hryniewicz, W.; Moutschen, M.; Reinert, R.; Welte, T. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Feb2015, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p415
A correction to the article "Pneumococcal Vaccination: What Have We Learnt So Far and What Can We Expect in the Future?" that was published in the October 2014 issue is presented.
- Acquisition of Streptococcus pneumoniae Carriage in Pilgrims During the 2012 Hajj. Benkouiten, Samir; Gautret, Philippe; Belhouchat, Khadidja; Drali, Tassadit; Salez, Nicolas; Memish, Ziad A.; al Masri, Malak; Fournier, Pierre-Edouard; Brouqui, Philippe // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Feb2014, Vol. 58 Issue 4, pe106
To investigate the nasal carriage of some respiratory bacterial pathogens that are responsible for infections associated with person-toperson transmission, the authors conducted a cohort survey of pilgrims departing to Mecca for the 2012 Hajj season. In this report, they demonstrate the...
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine (13-Valent, Adsorbed) [Prevenar 13]. // Drugs;2010, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p1973
No abstract available.