Arctic health research
- Governance through Economic Paradigms: Addressing Climate Change by Accounting for Health. Belesova, Kristine; Kelman, Ilan; Boyd, Roger // Politics & Governance;2016, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p87
Climate change is a major challenge for sustainable development, impacting human health, wellbeing, security, and livelihoods. While the post-2015 development agenda sets out action on climate change as one of the Sustainable Development Goals, there is little provision on how this can be...
- Review of research on aboriginal populations in Canada: relevance to their health needs. Kue Young, T // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/23/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7412, p419
Abstract Objective: To determine if research has adequately examined the health needs of the aboriginal population of Canada. Design: Review. Study selection: Medline search of journal articles published during 1992-2001. The search terms used were "Canada" and various synonyms and categories...
- Government plans joined-up food strategy. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jul2008, Issue 402, p47
The article focuses on a Cabinet Office report that has defined the government's food policy addressing key areas such as economics and equity, food safety, public health, and environmental sustainability in Great Britain. The report states that agricultural productivity must increase. Without...
- The Climate Change Agenda: from Rio to jo'burg and Beyond. Dunn, Seth; Flavin, Christopher // International Journal of Technology Management & Sustainable Dev;2002, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p87
Addresses issues relating to the centrality of climate change to sustainable development. Challenges in implementing climate change agreements; Prospects for moving climate change agenda forward; Evolution of the politics of climate change.
- CLEAN DEVELOPMENT MECHANISM FOR POWER INFRASTRUCTURES FOR CHINA'S SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT. Liu Deshun; Sugiyama, Taishi // Energy & Environment;2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p435
Focuses on the establishment of the Clean Development Mechanism for power infrastructures for sustainable development in China. Implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; Achievement of compliance in the quantified emission limitation and reduction commitment;...
- Gimme shelter. Thomas, Pat // Ecologist;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p5
This section presents an introduction to various articles within the issue that tackle global climate change and sustainable development.
- From Editor-in-Chief. Tripathi, Nitin Kumar // International Journal of Geoinformatics;Sep2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, pa
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on climate change, and another on sustainable development.
- Climate Change and the Temple of Sustainable Development. O'Hare, Greg // Geography;Jul2002, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p234
Focuses on the negative development impact of extreme climate events on systems and communities and shows the prevention of the attainment of sustainable development for many societies. Definition and implications of climate change; Factors in which the adaptive capacity of a system depends;...
- The BÃ¶nhamn Declaration. Bönhamn // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;May2010, Vol. 39 Issue 3, preceding p200
The article offers information on the 9th Royal Colloquium held in Sweden on June 14-17, 2010 which addresses issues on climate change, sustainable development, and water security.