Radar Characteristics, Part 4--Radar Modulation
- SPEZ markets upgraded ELINT system. Streetly, Martin // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jan99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on SPEZ-Radio Research Production Enterprise's release of details of an upgrade to its 85V6 electronic-intelligence system. Key features of the 85V6-A; Air-defense and electronic warfare applications.
- Designer Polarization for EW Antennas. Magatagan, Robert O. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p51
Showcases the design for dual-polarized sinuous antenna, an electronic-warfare antenna that can meet the challenge posed by arbitrarily polarized, hostile signals. Sinuous-antenna operation; Implementation of designer polarization; Technique for generation of arbitrary antenna polarization.
- MIDDLE EAST REPORT. Puttre, Michael // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Presents news items related to electronic defense in Middle East as of November 2002. Upgrade of Kuwait's aerostat radar; Frigate program of Saudi Arabia; Elta-Elisra deal.
- Radar Characteristics, Part One. Adamy, Dave // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p64
Part I. Presents a tutorial on radar from the electronic warfare point of view. References; Radar function; Types; Basic radar block diagram.
- Jammers--How Solid Is Their State? Herskovitz, Don // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p51
Looks at the different types of jamming technology in service. Microwave sources available to the jammer designer; Reliability of traveling-wave tube; Solid-state technology; Solid-state ECM transmitters; Microwave power module.
- A Sampling of EW Simulators. Herskovitz, Don // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p63
Describes simulator categories into which electronic warfare (EW) simulators fall. Simulators that produce waveforms which emulate particular environments; Simulators that bypass problems associated with radiated signals; Outputs provided by hybrid simulators; Use of simulation and virtual...
- PRC developing radar-absorbing material. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
Reports on China's efforts to develop radar-absorbing materials for its JH7 aircraft and its tanks and naval vessels. Features of the materials being developed by XIKAI; Plans to upgrade the JH7 aircraft.
- Future Design Needs for Next-Generation Radar and Electronic Warfare Systems. Sakamoto, John // ECN: Electronic Component News;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p25
The article offers information on the significance and application of new-generation radar and electronic warfare systems.
- A Sampling of Military Radar Systems. Herskovitz, Don // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep99, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p57
Evaluates various military radar systems. Military radar resources; Applications; Key specifications; Radar systems that combine advanced technology and enhanced computing power; Future direction of radar system development.