Emily Lazar's The Lodge Stands Out In Downtown N.Y
- BEHIND THE GLASS. // Mix;Feb2008, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p124
The article presents news briefs related to the sound recording industry in the U.S. Indie band Vampire Weekend visited the Lodge sound studio in New York City where studio founder/chief engineer Emily Lazar was mastering their first album for XL Recordings. Alternative rocker Nicole Atkins and...
- World Of Stebbings. Sperber, Hannah // North & South;May2004, Issue 218, p82
Profiles Eldred Stebbing, chief executive officer of Stebbing Recording Centre in New Zealand. His family background; Description of the recording studio; Decision of the Stebbing family to establish a manufacturing plant for compact discs and DVD.
- Ears, Passion, and Patience. Boisen, Myles // Electronic Musician;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Interviews Emily Lazar, founder, proprietor, and chief mastering engineer of The Lodge in New York City. Accounts on the work of a mastering engineer; Remarks on the essential prerequisites of a mastering career; Comments on the characteristics of a good basic mix. INSET: THE LODGE'S GEAR LIST.
- Industry poised for next digital era on eve of millennium. Verna // Billboard;12/25/99-01/01/2000, Vol. 111/112 Issue 52/1, p44
Highlights significant developments in the sound recording industry in the United States in 1999. Technical specifications for second-generation sound carriers DVD Audio and Super Audio CD; Hit Factory's purchase of Criteria Recording Studio; Cello Studios' acquisition of Allen Sides' Ocean...
- Writer's Block. Lazar, Emily // Teen Ink;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p28
The article presents the poem "Writer's Block," by Emily Lazar. First Line: On the off chance; Last Line: To read that poem out loud.
- A parent's view: starting Schechter in 2nd grade. Strosberg, Shira Garber // Jewish Advocate;1/18/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p13
An interview with Emily Lazar, mother of a second grader who has entered the Soloman Schechter Day School of Greater Boston located in Newton, Massachusetts. When asked about considerations taken during the search for a new school, she states that she searched for a school which was locally...
- Second DASH machine for Majorca. // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the order of a second Sony 3324S DASH machine by Digitals Studio on the outskirts of Palma, Spain. Information on the DASH machines.
- Nine Logics to London studios. Stapley, Patrick // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p14
Reports that nine AMS Neve Logic consoles were ordered by the Taped Gallery and Grand Central Sound Recording Studios. Information on the systems; Comments from Grand Central technical director Ivor Taylor.
- Loud Mastering takes Sonic. Foster, Bill // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the purchase of a Sonic Solutions Sonic Station Plus for Loud Mastering, by John Dent, former co-owner of the Exchange mastering facility in London. Where the facility is based; Comments from Dent; Information on the Exchange.