Emily Lazar's The Lodge Stands Out In Downtown N.Y
- BEHIND THE GLASS. // Mix;Feb2008, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p124
The article presents news briefs related to the sound recording industry in the U.S. Indie band Vampire Weekend visited the Lodge sound studio in New York City where studio founder/chief engineer Emily Lazar was mastering their first album for XL Recordings. Alternative rocker Nicole Atkins and...
- Ears, Passion, and Patience. Boisen, Myles // Electronic Musician;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Interviews Emily Lazar, founder, proprietor, and chief mastering engineer of The Lodge in New York City. Accounts on the work of a mastering engineer; Remarks on the essential prerequisites of a mastering career; Comments on the characteristics of a good basic mix. INSET: THE LODGE'S GEAR LIST.
- World Of Stebbings. Sperber, Hannah // North & South;May2004, Issue 218, p82
Profiles Eldred Stebbing, chief executive officer of Stebbing Recording Centre in New Zealand. His family background; Description of the recording studio; Decision of the Stebbing family to establish a manufacturing plant for compact discs and DVD.
- Writer's Block. Lazar, Emily // Teen Ink;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p28
The article presents the poem "Writer's Block," by Emily Lazar. First Line: On the off chance; Last Line: To read that poem out loud.
- Remix remodel. Ward, Phil // TVB Europe;Nov2001, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p45
Discusses the development of comprehensive DVD-Video technologies by music studios. Challenges of re-purposing assets for DVD-Video; Multimedia assets of Metropolis DVD; Information on an audio mix created by Digital Audio Technology (DAT) for the television program 'X-Files'; Details on a...
- WHY, MR. PETE MOSHAY, WAY?!?! // EQ;
The article presents information on the career and assignments undertaken by sound mixer and engineer Pete Moshay. Moshay is back knuckling it on the new Hall & Oates DVD. Operating out of his A-Pawling Studios in upstate Pawling, New York, Moshay's running a dual 2.5 GHz Power Mac G5 with a Pro...
- HOW DID THEY GET THE CAR IN THERE? // Mix;Jul2004, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the demonstration of DTSE 5.1 DVD-Audio release from DTS Entertainment through the playing of Porcupine Tree's â€œIn Absentiaâ€ from an Acura TL sedan inside Avatar's Studio A on April 13, 2004. Talents in attendance, including surround mixer Elliot Schneider and Porcupine...
- Industry poised for next digital era on eve of millennium. Verna // Billboard;12/25/99-01/01/2000, Vol. 111/112 Issue 52/1, p44
Highlights significant developments in the sound recording industry in the United States in 1999. Technical specifications for second-generation sound carriers DVD Audio and Super Audio CD; Hit Factory's purchase of Criteria Recording Studio; Cello Studios' acquisition of Allen Sides' Ocean...
- A parent's view: starting Schechter in 2nd grade. Strosberg, Shira Garber // Jewish Advocate;1/18/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p13
An interview with Emily Lazar, mother of a second grader who has entered the Soloman Schechter Day School of Greater Boston located in Newton, Massachusetts. When asked about considerations taken during the search for a new school, she states that she searched for a school which was locally...