Special Report: More Are Buying Less
- Store group philosophical as pension fears hit profits. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2003, Issue 5366, p4
Reports on the declining retail sales of the department store operators in Great Britain. Apprehension of the customers on the published pension issues; Reduction of customer spending; Decrease of store profits.
- Application of Life Style Model to Analyze the Market of Department Stores. Cheng-Wei Chung; Jiun-Jia Hsu // Journal of Service Science & Management;Sep2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p302
This paper is focus on satisfaction of consumer behaviors in different department stores and using life style model to analyze their market difference. Customers were randomly selected from six different large department stores in Kaohsiung City during anniversary periods. The results were shown...
- Bookstores Remain Top Destination for Readers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by Spier New York Co. on the book-buying habits of U.S. consumers. The survey showed that 68% of book buyers who bought a book within the last year purchased it in a bookstore. Men are slightly more likely than women to go to bookstores,...
- Chains, Fiction, Paperback Ruled in 2009. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 32, p3
The article focuses on the study titled "2009 Book Consumer Annual Review: U.S. Demographics & Buying Behaviors" released by Bowker. It indicates that bookstore chains accounted for 27% of unit sales in 2009 while the electronic commerce stood for the 21% of units sold. According to the study,...
- U.K. Bookselling Adjusting To the New Normal. Thomson, Liz // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 28, p5
The article considers the book industry in Great Britain. Optimistic business forecasting by officials of bookstores for sales in 2013 is considered. An overall decline in sales in 2012 despite increases in sales of electronic books is examined. Marketing research indicating that browsing by...
- Indies Hanging Onto Heavy Readers With Both Hands. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2013, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
The article presents information on the book buyer market in the U.S. It has been found that small bookshops have the heaviest buyers. According to a report from January 2009, about 41% of bookstores reported that their most common book buyer in 2008 was someone who use to buy 10 or more books...
- SHOPPING BEHAVIOR OF DEPARTMENT STORE CUSTOMERS. Rothenberg, Marvin J. // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Nov65, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p424
The article reviews the book "Shopping Behavior of Department Store Customers," by Stuart U. Rich.
- Shopping Behavior of Department Store Customers (Book). Rachman, David J. // Journal of Retailing;Spring64, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p47
Reviews the book "Shopping Behavior of Department Store Customers," by Stuart U. Rich.
- Reading Dubravka Ugresic. Boyers, Robert // Brick: A Literary Journal;Jan2012, Issue 88, p94
The article analyzes the works of Croatian writer Dubravka Ugresic. It describes her essays as a selection of vivid anecdotes where topics range from the perils of Islamic fundamentalism to shoppers habits at Saks Fifth Avenue department stores. However, it notes that Ugresic is at her best in...