- Making the work experience more palatable. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/16/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p27
This article describes the strategies employed by several U.S. contract foodservice organizations to recruit and retain better workers. The employers are trying methods, some using the Internet to attract such job candidates' attention and to market on-site foodservice as a viable career...
- Ready, Set, Recruit. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p38
The article offers information on the strategies employed by food service operators in the U.S. in recruiting and retaining employees in an effort to survive the economic downturn. To entice student employees to stay on and become student managers, Deon Lategan, director of dining services at...
- HFM TELECONFERENCE REVEALS: Focused hiring practices can help strengthen staff. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p16
Deals with the teleconference of the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management regarding hiring practices. Number of people who viewed the teleconference; Information on best practices in hiring food service staff; Approaches to successful retention.
- Technology is key to recruiting efforts. // Employee Benefit News;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Deals with the significance of technology to the recruitment and retention of employees in the U.S. Recommendations on the use of technology; Shift in human resource management.
- 10 Surefire Ways to Keep You Staff (Happy). Sweeney, Dorothy R. // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p22
Offers ten tips on how to attract and keep valued employees. Salary; Flexibility; Evaluation process/salary process; Staff training; Motivation.
- HR Practices Critical to Hiring Right. // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;02/05/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the highlights of a colloquium on the link between human resources practices and employee recruiting and retention, held by the Filene Research Institute and the Center for Credit Union Research.
- Vermont Helps Poor Workers Help Selves. Cadrain, Diane // HR Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p107
The article reports on the efforts of the Vermont Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) State Council to help employers give their employees the tools to overcome poverty and stay on the job. It is reported that a number of indicators point to deepening poverty and widening gaps between...
- Pay attention to retention, not just recruitment issues. Anderson, Terri // Business Journal (Central New York);03/23/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
Discusses the importance for businesses to focus on recruitment issues as well as retention issues. Factors affecting the recruiting efforts of human resource professionals; Data from a 1999 American Management Association which showed that some job applicants tested showed a lack of skills...
- Finding, Hiring and Keeping Good Workers. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p50
Offers advice on how to recruit, motivate and maintain excellent employees in the United States. Tips on how to motivate employees to achieve the objectives of the firm; Need to reward good behavior.