- Spartan Success. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p56
The article features Mike Rice, director of auxiliary services at Michigan State University at East Lansing, Michigan. He started working at the university as a student in 1971. He states that one of the biggest changes in college food service in his career has been the expansion of service...
- LUNCH AND DINNER COUNTS RISE: Cook-to-order a draw at Michigan St. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the success of the made-to-order food stations created by the food service team at the Michigan State University in East Lansing. Comments from Bruce Haskell, food service coordinator for University Housing; Impetus for the creation of made-to-order stations; Range of cuisine offered...
- MSU farm's beef served on campus. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Jul2011, p36
The article reports on the move Michigan State University (MSU) to bring beef produced on MSU farms to restaurants and cafeterias throughout campus.
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- Dining Service Overhaul. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
The article announces that the Housing and Food Services department of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan has reorganized and rebranded itself as Culinary Services. The department has been renamed to Residential and Hospitality Services and is tasked to oversee all campus dining...
- Michigan State Dining Reorganizes. // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the reorganization and rebranding of the department of Food Services at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan as Culinary Services. The Culinary Services department will oversee all the dining functions of the campus including retail dining and residence hall...
- Hungry for Healthy. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;5/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on the increasing demand for healthy food and how food service operators address this. With the surge in demand, operators are coming up with a variety of healthy menu items. Bruce Haskell of Michigan State University pointed out that students would want healthy food but are...