- Smart eating from top tennis resorts. Cox, Roger // Tennis;Feb98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p75
Features low-fat, low-calorie recipes recommended for tennis enthusiasts. Includes Green Valley's Jicama Salad; Cloister's Barley Salad `Primavera;' La Costa's Vegetarian Chili.
- No More Excuses. HYMORE, KHALIL // Prevention;Jan2015, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p90
The article presents several nutritional loss weight recipes including Speedy Oatmeal with Cocoa and Toasted Coconut, Thai Chicken Pizza and Shrimp, Okra, Beans and Rice.
- Elegant new ways to keep the fat off. // Prepared Foods;Mar96, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Weight Watchers International's selection of low calorie and lowfat foods and desserts. Flavors offered.
- Affordably 'Healthy.'. Cady, Stephanie // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p44
The article presents information on the Complete Nutrition Program of Corning Inc. Under the program, entrÃ©es are kept under 400 calories, under 15 grams of sugar, 1,000 milligrams of sodium, etc. Whole-grain sub rolls and low-carbohydrate wraps with less than seven grams of fat were offered...
- Economies of the scale. Frumkinu, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/24/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the introduction of low-calorie dishes by chain restaurants in the U.S. It states that the move is triggered by consumer demands on health-oriented meals. It notes some of these menus including a line of Mini Bakes from Fazoli's Inc., the Under 550 Calories menu from...
- Remarkable Service. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
The article features Jon Lewis, director of dining at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He has improved food service at the university by implementing the Remarkable Service Program which recognizes outstanding employees and empowering them with new meal plans. Lewis increased...
- Salads Pick Up the Protein. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p60
The article reports that foodservice operators have added protein to salads to improve the nutrition factor of entrÃ©es. Some sources of protein include beef, chicken, seafood, fava beans, quinoa and bulgur. An overview of foods included in the menu of Chartwells in Chicago, Illinois is...
- Campus grabs healthy lifestyle. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the move of the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in London to brand its healthy food offerings and add new fruit and vegetable items as of July 2004. Percentage increase in the company's grab-and-go sales due to the branding; Brand name adopted by UWO for its offerings; Fruits and...
- Consumption vs. Access Driven Meal Plans: Which Is Right For Your Campus? Porter, H. David // Food Management;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p20
The article offers value proposition categories of meal plans and dining programs offered by colleges and universities. The consumption driven dining programs are defined by how much food is consumed including all-you-care-to-eat venues and programs that offer a certain number of meals per week....