Drink to 2009
- Beverages. Hocking, James // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Jan2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Provides suggestions to wine drinkers. Recommended gin and tonic; Best wine for lunch or dinner; Type of red wine drinkers should look for.
- OPENING ROUND. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;03/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p107
Focuses on aperitif, a wine or a wine-based beverage infused with herbs, spices or fruit. Use of aperitifs as brunchtime eye-opener or dinnertime prelude; Ability of aperitifs to stimulate the appetite; Aperitifs offered by selected restaurants in the United States. INSET: DRINKLINE..
- Looking forward. Cobe, Patricia // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, pFSB2
The article identifies five areas of importance that would shape food trends in 2009 in the U.S. These include purity of ingredients and knowing the origin and story behind the food continue to be priorities. Chamomile and lavender are emerging in savories and sweets. Foods and beverages...
- Caterer loves. Young, Alix // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/27/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4435, p14
The article focuses on beverages that food service operators can offer during the summer season. Pimm's No. 1 is the gin-based thirst-quencher which was originally developed to accompany oysters at James Pimm's oyster bar in the City of London, England. Iced coffee is another option and was...
- RALPH COCKTAILS OF THE MONTH. // Ralph;May2009, p107
The article focuses on several steps on preparing various cocktails. It recommends adding two shots of gin to a beverage called V. The ingredients needed for preparing a cocktail called Dirty Sanchez are chocolate milk, chocolate syrup and Kahlua. It suggests drinking the Long Island Iced Spring...
- Greenall's berry good new variants. Black, Robin // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/2/2014, Issue 166, p25
The article offers information on Greenall Group PLC's new portfolio of gin including the Wild Berry and the Sloe Gin.
- apÃ©ritif. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p160
A definition of the term "apÃ©ritif," an alcoholic beverage, is presented.
- Whet Your Appetite. // Los Angeles Magazine;May2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p70
The article offers information about aperitif, an alcoholic beverage.
- The Elegant Aperitif. Bittman, Mark // Bon Appetit;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p105
Provides information on various aperitifs. Vermouths; Licorice liquors; Spanish aperitifs. INSET: A Few Simple Nibbles..