A chef to the rescue
- NPD: Spike in '07 coffee, chicken servings spur new products. Glazer, Fern // Nation's Restaurant News;3/17/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the growth in the servings of chicken sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, and specialty coffee amid crisis in the food service industry in the U.S. According to NPD Group Inc., a global market research firm, the said food and beverage items made a strong incremental gains in...
- Harvesting testy deals. // Restaurant Business;Nov2009, Vol. 108 Issue 11, pFSB10
The article features the new menus from several food chains in the U.S. Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill based in Scottsdale, Arizona has celebrated the 2009 Chile Festival that featured an array of flavorful and innovative LTOs including the Mexico Chile Barbacoa Tacos, Green Chile Burger, and the...
- A HEART-Y MEAL. // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Feb2011, p58
The article offers information on the Language of Love menu offered at T. Cook's Lounge in the Royal Palms Resort and Spa in Arizona.
- The New Cost of Doing Business. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p28
The article reports that amidst the increasing food prices, food service directors in the U.S. are reducing labor, increasing prices, limiting menu choices among others to contain costs to manageable levels. Julie Stewart of SAS Institute has been able to fight rising costs by substituting or...
- Good Eats Menu Planning. Williams, Erin Zimniewicz // Massage Magazine;Jun2010, Issue 169, p88
The article reports on the importance of menu planning in order to have a healthy eating habits. A menu planning is important because it ensures all food groups needed to be eaten everyday and also helps achieve a balanced meal. It is also advised to use menu plans seasonally to help reduce cost...
- Healthy Customers, Healthy Profits. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2007, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p84
The article presents information on the Healthy Customers, Healthy Profits seminar sponsored by "Restaurant Hospitality." Dietitian and trained chef Sandy Kapoor encourage restaurateurs and chefs to go easy on the fat and infuse dishes with flavor. She asked them to demonstrate to their...
- Downtown location gets Weber grilling. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p30
Features Weber Grill Restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Menu design of the dining establishment; Quality of food; Rating of customer services.
- River North branch of a Mexican favorite. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Features Lalo's, a Mexican restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Ambiance of the dining establishment; Menu design; Food quality.
- Signs of the times: Operators embrace functional menu systems. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States have turned toward in-store sign systems that are flexible, functional and more affordable than traditional back-lit menu boards. Importance of menu boards and ancillary signs; Information on menu boards of some restaurants; Important menu...