Mixed Bag for Corporate Dining
- L.A. Story. // Orange County Business Journal;11/17/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p36
The article discusses the impact of recession on the business industry of Los Angeles, California. According to the article, Los Angeles was one of the largest metropolitan areas, however, it did not escape from the economic downturn which is manifested through the increasing number of layoffs...
- CATERERS. // njbiz;12/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 51, Special section p24
A list of caterers in New Jersey is presented. Some of the caterers listed include All in the Family Catering in Cherry Hill, Apple Spice Junction in Parisppany and Chambers Walk Cafe and Catering in Lawrenceville. Information on the caterers' address, contact information, senior executives and...
- Seven jobs go at Trimedia. // PRWeek (London);4/10/2009, p1
This article announces that Trimedia has made a number of redundancies in its British business amounting to six percent of its workforce. Mid-ranking consultants and account executives were affected by the move. According to Trimedia Managing Director Loretta Tobin, the current trading...
- Microsoft to ax 5,000. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;1/23/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 14, p42
The article offers information on the implication of economic crisis to Microsoft in the U.S. Because of the dire economic situation and its negative impact to the company, Microsoft announces its plan to retrench 5,000 positions across its operations until July 2010. On January 24, 2009, it...
- Tiffany, Dillard's Trim '09 Expenditure Plans. Steigrad, Alexandra; Lynch, Matthew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/1/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 114, p11
The article reports on the plans of jeweler Tiffany & Co. Inc. and department store Dillard's Inc. in the U.S. for 2009. Tiffany, which has presented a drop in the 2008 third-quarter earnings, plans to reduce overseas store openings by half as well as its staff. Dillard's, which has indicated...
- RECESSION'S IMPACT ON FIRMS. // Practical Accountant;Jun2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by the Wilmette, Illinois-based consultancy Rosenberg Associates regarding the impact of the recession on accounting firms in the U.S. The survey reveals that every firm has experienced an increase in receivables and a slowdown in...
- Adland job losses soar beyond 600. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);1/18/2002, Issue 2, p1
Reports the prevalence of employee dismissal due to recessions in Great Britain. Increase in the retrenchment of freelancers and consultants; Number of jobs lost for the year 2001; Decrease in consumer spending.
- Agencies warned of furloughs after 'cliff'. Wasson, Erik // Hill;12/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 146, p10
The article reports on the possible furloughs to employees in the U.S. because of the expected fiscal cliff in 2013.
- Reducing the Economic and Human Cost of Layoffs. Fottler, Myron D.; Shuler, Dennis W. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the recession of economic and human cost of layoffs in 1980-1982 in the United States. Examination of the costs of unemployment; Effect of retrenchment on managerial employees and blue collar workers; Reasons of companies for alleviating problems associated with job loss.