Captive Audiences Make Rising Prices More Manageable
- Maize crop heat damage sparks food and feed price fears. Perkins, Carina // Grocer;8/15/2015, p16
The article reports on the anticipated increase in food and feed prices due to prolonged heatwaves across major maize growing areas in Europe in the summer of 2015 which damaged the crop.
- DELI GROWS IN CAMPUS REC CENTER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on a deli called Sidelines opened by the food service team at the University of North Texas in Denton in August 2003. Sales performance of the deli; Types of sandwiches served at Sidelines; Other food items offered at the deli.
- Kiosks renew York. // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p3
Presents information on the touch-screen kiosks installed at the campus cafe of the Pennsylvania State University in York, Pennsylvania, in August 2005. Impact of the kiosks on the sales at the campus cafe; Use of the touch-screen kiosks.
- In season. // Restaurant Magazine;Nov2012, Issue 219, p18
The article offers information on the prices of foods which are available for November. It cites the cost of mushrooms for each kilogram which include ceps at Â£18 from France, pied de mouton at Â£22, and winter chanterelles at Â£10. It adds that sprouts are down by 35% and would result to...
- INITIATIVE 1: Cope With Ongoing Price Inflation. Sung, Amy // SN: Supermarket News;12/17/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 51, p32
The article focuses on the status of the food retail industry amidst the ongoing price inflation in the U.S. It reports that the factors that drive food prices to increase in 2006 include droughts and increase in demand of ethanol. However, experts say that through smart promotions, retail...
- PRICE HIKE. Weir, Kirsten // Current Health 1;Dec2008, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the factors that influence an increase in food prices.
- Meat-buying shifts near. Otte, John // Wallaces Farmer;May2011, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p39
The article reports on the rise of prices for crops and livestock after two years of inflation rate in the U.S.
- Get ready to drive some hard bargains. Lewis, Mark // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/13/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4640, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on bargaining and rise in the food prices and its effect on Great Britain's hospitality sector.
- Grocery store prices increase for beef, pork. // Delta Farm Press;10/10/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p10
The article reveals that retail food-at-home prices in the second quarter of 2014 were 2.3 percent higher compared to 2013.