BNY, First Union Hired by N.Y.C. IDA
- A Reg O Puzzler. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec99, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p34
Presents a question on Regulation O in banking. What happens when an irrevocable family trust fund is overdrawn; General prohibitions to overdrafts; Definition of control.
- Investment returns: If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb84, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the strategies used by various trust banks to purchase better numbers by hiring outsiders than to run the money. Concerns over the wide rate of attrition; Attention given to tougher trust competition; Details of arrangement.
- The Role of the Trustee and 12B-1 Fees Under the Department of Labor's Frost, Aetna, and... Freedland, Marvin A. // Banking Law Journal;Sep98, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p787
Presents information on the changing roles of bank trustees of qualified investments plans, while focusing on the effects the Department of Labor has on the bank's right to receive 12b-1 fees imposes on the bank trustees. Information on the Revenue Act of 1978; Why most qualified retirement...
- PERMISSIBLE SECURITIES ACTIVITIES OF BANKS: THE NETWORKING AND TRUST ACTIVITIES EXCEPTIONS TO.... Pruitt, Laura S. // Banking Law Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p693
Examines the networking and trust activities exceptions to broker-dealer registration. Exceptions for banks engaging in certain dealer activities from registration; Requirements for banks and broker-dealers entering into networking arrangement; Definition of fiduciary.
- "Death, taxes ... and compliance". CALLAWAY, LESLIE; PAPAGEORGIOU, PHOEBE A. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p32
The article presents several questions and answers related to estate accounts including the difference between estate and trust, documents needed for opening an estate checking account and role of the bank in case the deceased person had joint account.
- Getting a global grip on custody. Cantrell, Wanda // U.S. Banker;Nov94, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p50
No abstract available.
- 5 keys to better communications with retirement-trust customers. McEachern Jr., E. M. // Banking;Jan72, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p18
Examines the group of reports prepared for any retirement trust customer. Suggestions for the management of cash accounting report; Information on how to tackle report on investment performance; Description of the participant accounting report.
- Don't Virginians trust Trust? // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the bank trust services in Virginia. Preference of customers to seek financial and investment advices from business newspapers; Expertise of a bank trust department on investments; Sources of financial and investment advice.
- Some Tips on Trust Advertising. // Banking;Jan66, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p72
Presents several tips for the advertising of the bank's trust department. Suggestions to avoid dullness in a trust advertisement; Role of effective use of illustration in advertising; Role of advertising in the creation of informed prospects.