Dean Witter to Pay Almost $500,000 In Mutual-Fund Switching Settlement
- Company manners. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Sep1990, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p88
Photo essay with text of the new corporate offices of the Dean Witter Financial Services Group in Riverwoods, Illinois. How architects Lohan Associates focused on classical development and understated ease to tie into the firm's low-keyed suburbansurroundings; Focus on the central four-story...
- Tactic gives dean Witter last laugh--so far. Willis, Gerri // Crain's Chicago Business;2/14/94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the success of Dean Witter Discover & Co. Chief Executive Philip Purcel's strategy of focusing on individual investors and its effect on the company's growth. Growth of earnings from previous years; Plans for a joint venture with NationsBank; Risks of the company's strategy;...
- Dean Witter scours nation for trainees. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/15/95, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the campaign of Dean Witter Reynolds Inc. to hire 500 new broker trainees for 1995. Commitment of the company to the expansion of the sales force.
- Discover giving away $5 million to spur usage for the holidays. Meece, Mickey // American Banker;12/14/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 237, p12
Announces the launching by Dean Witter, Discover & Co. of a $5 million seasonal sweepstakes promotion. Prize for Discover's merchant outlets; Prizes; Contest's intention of encouraging usage; Eligible customers.
- Dean bonus ends. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;9/25/95, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p38
Reports that Dean Witter Reynolds Inc. will end in January 1996 its practice of paying brokers a bonus to sell its in-house mutual funds.
- Dean Witter thwarted. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/26/95, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p42
Reports that Dean Witter Discover & Co. used up its last appeal in a legal fight to issue Visa credit cards, as the Supreme Court refused to review the case.
- Donors have a new option for helping charities. Hooks, Margaret // Crain's Detroit Business;1/8/96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the program pioneered by Dean Witter Reynolds Inc. to carry out a stock-option exercise within an account established for a specified charitable organization. Donation of stock options received; Bonuses or incentives from companies to the charity; Advantage to the donor.
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p22
Reports the reorganization of Dean Witter Reynolds Incorporated. The company's alliance with Indosuez Carr Futures and Credit Agricole Futures.
- Discover uses celebrity art to drum up interest. Meece, Mickey // American Banker;7/14/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 134, p12
Reports on Dean Witter Discover & Co.'s display of paintings by celebrities at New York's Guggenheim Museum as part of the launching of its upscale Private Issue credit cards. Vibrant, blue-toned contemporary by Ringo Starr; Floral watercolor by Jane Seymour; Bold abstract by Florence Griffith...