Spokane City Attorney to Stay on Despite No-Confidence Vote
- The Jack of All Trades. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p41
Examines the responsibilities of city solicitors and town counsels in Massachusetts. Manipulation of property foreclosure for the municipality; Interpretation of city ordinances and city zoning; Settlement of wrongful-termination complaints.
- Mike seeking execs for jobs. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;01/07/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the search process by Mayor Michael Bloomberg on experienced managers for business-related departments in New York. Factors affecting the employee selection process; Selection of Amanda Burden as the commissionership of cultural affairs; Appointment of Deputy Mayor Patti Harris as...
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p269
Lists the nominations submitted to the United States Senate. Wyche Fowler, Jr. to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the US to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Princeton Nathan Lyman, to be an Assistant Secretary of State.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p396
Presents a list of government nominations to the United States Senate on Mach 19-21, 1997. Includes James H. Atkins as member of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board; Kathryn O'Leary Higgins as Deputy Secretary of Labor; Hilda G. Tagle as US District Judge for the Southern District of...
- Nassau county officials square off. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 52, p5A
Reports on the disputes between the Nassau County officials over the need of a legislative approval on the selection of two county planning commissions in Duchy. Assessment on the method of appointment; Confirmation of the county attorney; Implementation of the rules on various zoning and...
- Controversial appointments. // Christian Science Monitor;3/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 76, p20
Suggests the need for President Bill Clinton to be careful when considering new appointments and responding to the controversies that arise over them. Discussion about the rules of Democrats regarding appointments; Criterion for appointments.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/25/95, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p2219
Presents a list of public officials nominated by the President to the US Senate during the period December 18 to 22, 1995. Includes George W. Black, Jr; Patrick Davidson; Pascal D. Forgione, Jr.
- Finding better Feds. // Christian Science Monitor;7/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 164, p20
Editorial. Informs about some events in Washington that stressed the need for better people to work in the government. Waco hearings; Whitewater hearings; Good Ole Boys picnic investigation; Announcement of President Bill Clinton's affirmative-action review.
- Son of Vance. // National Review;4/18/1980, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p454
Focuses on plans of appointing Warren Christopher as Secretary of State in the U.S. Reaction of National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski to the rumors; Political background of Christopher; Contributions to the government.