- Strategic transfers, redistributive fiscal policies, and family bonds: a micro-economic analysis. Chang, Yang-Ming // Journal of Population Economics;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1481
This paper presents a micro-economic model to analyze intergenerational exchange in which the utility maximizing decisions of 'selfish' children on family services, labor market activities, and leisure are determined endogenously. We show that altruistic parents' financial transfers have a...
- Optimal redistributive tax and education policies in general equilibrium. Jacobs, Bas // International Tax & Public Finance;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p312
This paper studies optimal linear and non-linear income taxes and education subsidies in two-type models with endogenous human capital formation, endogenous labor supply, and endogenous wage rates. Assuming constant human capital elasticities, human capital investment should be efficient under...
- The implications for tax policy of uncertainty about labor-supply and savings responses. Randolph, William C.; Rogers, Diane Lim // National Tax Journal;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p429
This article examines the implication for tax policy of uncertainty on labor supply and savings responses in the U.S. In comparing the relative efficiencies of income tax and consumption tax systems, the predictions depend critically on two aspects of individual taxpayer behavior. These...
- Unraveling the many tax conundrums for 2002. Szymanska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p9
Focuses on the fiscal policy of Poland. Approval of the personal income tax law by President Aleksander Kwasniewski; Provisions of the personal income tax; Introduction of a savings interest tax.
- Run into the sand? The limits to growth in Barbados. Anyadike-Danes, M.K. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Nov96, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p715
Describes the growth of national income in the Barbadian economy, and the relative contributions to it of trade performance and fiscal policy. Balance of payments and its financing; Dependence on the state of foreign reserves; Evolution of trade performance; Question of repayment; Necessary...
- Taxation. // Luxembourg Country Review;2013, p111
The article focuses on the taxation policy in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg and mentions that corporate holdings in the city are exempted from corporate income tax.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Denmark Country Monitor;Mar2012, p14
The article provides an overview of the economic outlook for Denmark with regards to its fiscal policy. It highlights the proposed public spending plan of the center-left government for 2012, which outlines 10 billion Danish kroner worth of funds to develop the economy. Also, it notes the plan...
- OPTIMAL FISCAL POLICY WITH REDISTRIBUTION. Werning, Iván // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug2007, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p925
I study the optimal taxation of labor and capital in a dynamic economy subject to government expenditure and technology shocks. Unlike representative-agent Ramsey models, workers are heterogenous and lump-sum taxation is not ruled out. I consider two tax scenarios: (a) linear taxation, with a...
- Consideraciones ante el cierre fiscal del ejercicio. // Estrategia Financiera;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 278, p70
No abstract available.