SINGING THE LORD'S SONGS
- Here & There. // Diapason;Nov2006, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p3
The article presents a calendar of music events in the U.S. in 2006. The Church of the Advent in Boston, Massachusetts will present its fall music series on November 2. The Trinity Episcopal Church has released its 2006-2007 schedule of Choral Evensong. The Church of Saint Louis, King of France...
- EASY SERVICE MUSIC. Stulken, Marilyn Kay // American Organist Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p38
This section provides a list of gospel readings, lectionaries and hymns.
- Worship in a Digital Key. Wibbels, Tom // Your Church;May/Jun2003, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p50
This article focuses on the introduction of digital piano in church by the author. In the 1960's, manufacturers developed an â€œelectricâ€ piano which resembled the acoustic piano. It had a real action consisting of small wire strings that vibrated when struck. An electric pickup,...
- Back Home (Music Release). // Today's Christian Woman;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p77
Reviews the music recording 'Back Home,' by Caedmon's Call.
- The Bridge That Brings Twenty-Somethings Back to Church. TURGEON, LIZ // Pastoral Music;May2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p15
The article reflects on the importance of music ministry for bringing young people back to Church. According to the author, music has been her medium for praising, leading and expressing her feelings when words become inadequate. It explores how the youth are able to find the answer for their...
- EASY SERVICE MUSIC. Stulken, Marilyn Kay // American Organist Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p50
The article provides a list of hymnal codes keyed to the Revised Common Lectionary used in churches, including the covenant hymnal, the Presbyterian hymnal and the common praise
- 'Beauty Springeth Out of Naught': Interpreting the Church Music of Herbert Howells. Clinch, Jonathan // British Postgraduate Musicology;2011, Vol. 11, preceding p1
Missa Sabrinensis is not designed for ritualistic use. It is essentially a composer's personal and creative reaction to a text of immense, immemorial significance. Historically, its text has been used in countless diverse ways by many composers -- Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn, Schubert,...
- Song, Shamrocks, Parades, and Plays. Earls, Michael // America;3/19/1932, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p569
The article focuses on the hymns sung during every conclusion of the liturgy of the Mass in Christian churches in Quebec. Hymns more ancient were sung in the little convent chapels of the Rue des Irlandais in Paris, France. The Irish hymnology was audible in a hundred historic places on the...
- EASY SERVICE MUSIC. Stulken, Marilyn Kay // American Organist Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p81
Several lists of service music are presented, which includes Psalter Hymnal, Voices United, and With One Voice.