THE LIBERATED LOST
- Gothe & Arber: Unity in diversity. Flannery, Maura C. // American Biology Teacher;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p544
Focuses on the contributions of Agnes Arber and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe to botany. Goethe's development of the botanical concept of the primal plant; Criticism of Goethe's scientific investigations as amateurish; Coining of the word `morphology'; Arber's kinship with Goethe beyond their...
- Peace and War. Freeman, Gwendolen // History Today;May76, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p344
Presents information on the life of Luke Howard, a Quaker meteorologists. Relationship of Howard with Goethe; Educational background; Family relations; His views on Christianity.
- On the meaning of `Hatem' in Goethe's West-"stlicher divan. Metlitzki, Dorothee // Journal of the American Oriental Society;Jan-Mar97, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p148
Examines Johann Wolfgang Goethe's failure to explain the meaning of the Arabic word `Hatem' in his literature. Use of `Hatem' to describe Goethe poetic side; What is the Arabic meaning of `Hatem'; Reference to the Islamic poets of Medieval Persia.
- GOETHE'S 'FAUST': PART I. Cotterill, H. B. // Faust-Legend & Goethe's 'Faust';1/1/1912, p5
Part I of the play "Faust," by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is presented.
- GOETHE'S 'FAUST': PART II. Cotterill, H. B. // Faust-Legend & Goethe's 'Faust';1/1/1912, p6
Part II of the play "Faust," by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is presented.
- Goethe, a mind for the universal. Mann, Thomas; Opresco, Georges // UNESCO Courier;Oct93, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p42
Presents a series of texts by speakers who attended the symposium on Goethe in Frankfurt, May 12-14, 1932, to mark the centenary of the German poet's death. The eighteen speakers all reached the same conclusion in differing but consensual terms; Goethe's central preoccupation for universality;...
- In the spotlight. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);09/29/97, Issue 39, p19
Presents an image of the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and mentions his reputation in light of a new biography about him as of September 29, 1997.
- Quote of the Month. // Folk Dance Scene;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p18
The article presents a quote from author Johann Wolfgang von Goethe asking for a pair of dancing shoes.
- Goethe exhumed. A.L.S. // Archaeology;May/Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the rediscovery of the plan to display the remains of German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe in east Germany. Secret exhumation of the poets remains in 1970; Cleaning and treating of the remains with chemicals; Abandonment of the plan to display the remains.