The Supreme Court 2000: A Symposium
- Supreme court calls Pa. case `moot.'. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;08/24/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the court ruling made in the United States Supreme Court regarding the lawsuit involving the Residents Concerned for Quality Living organization in Chester, Pennsylvania, regarding a Subtitle D permit. Details on the ruling dismissing an appeal challenging the ruling that had backed...
- Divided court searches for a judicious center. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;7/1/96, Vol. 88 Issue 151, p1
Reports on landmark decisions of the US Supreme Court during its 1995-96 term. Integration of all-male military schools; Outlawing of political discrimination of homosexuals; Seminole Indian gambling; Voting districts on the basis of race; Sexually explicit materials on cable television.
- Tribes lose ruling. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p24
Reports on a United States Supreme Court's ruling against the American Indian tribes. Details of the ruling.
- Supreme Court decides religious, moral issues. R.N.S. // Christian Century;7/5/95, Vol. 112 Issue 21, p672
No abstract available.
- Supreme Court Report. // American Bar Association Journal;Apr82, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p475
Highlights court cases decided upon by the United States Supreme Court (SC) as of April 1982. Decision of SC regarding the disclosure of the master address lists used by the Bureau of the Census; Basis for the decision made on the case involving unemployment compensation.
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1979, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p33
Features a selective summary of United States Supreme Court action as of January 1979. Court ruling to uphold California's Automobile Franchise Act; Court decision to deny review of a Seventh Circuit ruling that an auto dealer failed to make a prima facie case when he a charged a violation but...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1979, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p100
Features U.S. Supreme Court rulings as of January 1979. Ruling in reverse discrimination case brought by a white blue-collar worker employed by Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp.; Decision in the automobile search case Rakas v. Illinois that passengers in an automobile could not assert the...
- Current Decisions. Sanders, Carol McHugh // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p163
Offers news briefs on U.S. court decisions as of January 2003. Decision of the U.S. Supreme Court not to review a ruling that imposed a punitive award against Ford Motor Co. in a products liability case; Update on the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission versus Austin, Brown & Wood...
- The Supreme Court 2000: A Symposium. McConnell, Michael W. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct2000, Issue 106, p36
Focuses on the series of decisions handed down by the United States Supreme Court which affect American life. Partial-birth abortion; Football prayer; Atmosphere of partisanship in the Supreme Court; Appointment of openly homosexual scoutmasters by the Boy Scouts; Importance of vote in the...