How I made a difference at work
- Learned Soirees. Chin, Yoo Mi; Stinson, Brittany; Williford, Amanda // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p34
The section offers information on several salons located in Los Angeles, California. The Spoken Interludes salon attracts storytellers from Margaret Cho to Michael Connelly and meets twice a year. The Karl Hess Club is popular among libertarians who enjoy discussing Ayn Rand's theory of greed....
- THE RETURN OF THE 'SALON' Hirshchova, Eva; Koubska, Libuše // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p41
Relates an experience of a person of assessing social life in the Czech Republic. Importance of organizations of 'salons' to Czech social life; Transformation of the International Women's Network organization; Speculation of upcoming salon guests.
- On the Cover. // Soundboard;Winter1987/1988, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p226
A photograph portraying a typical salon setting is presented.
- Lectures at Spencer House. Kramer, Miriam // Magazine Antiques;Feb2003, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p36
Reports that lectures examining aspects of salon life are set to be held at Spencer House in London, England, in February 2003. Contact information.
- Departmental deficiency. Lowe, Colum // Design Week;10/10/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p12
Focuses on the impact of bad internal management on conflicts between individuals and management within a company. Standard structure of the retail business; Importance of the buying department; Significance of planning.
- Worker Performance Reviews Can Be A Two-Way Street. Steinberg, Jules // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p28
Comments on companies' increased focus on employee relations as a result of the growing demand for retailer consulting assistance. Best way to get the management's message across to employees and still retain good workers; Qualities of a good performance review; Need for performance reviews to...
- Ã‰crevisses. // New Yorker;6/27/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p27
The article talks about the opening of a salon of the Charles Jordan shoe people of Paris in the Gotham Hotel in New York City. The salon held an elaborate reception for the press. The kitchen of the Gotham employs about thirty people. The main course for the dinner was boiled chicken.
- Beat 'em at their own game. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/7/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 25, p26
Offers advice to fashion and retail companies striving to retain key employees being wooed by Internet companies. Enticements offered to such employees by dot-com firms; Reward-based tactics to discourage valuable employees from leaving; Equity packages; Strategy of some companies to offer...
- COMPANY/PERSONNEL UPDATES:. // Chain Store Age;Sep2004, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p124
Presents personnel management updates on several U.S. retail companies as of September 2004. Appointment of Chuck Luckenbill at Trim Corp. of America; Selection of Matt Lauer and Patra Vargas at Fitch:RPA.