Back in the driving seat
- Oh, Baby. Crisp, David; Ballantine, Alexandra W. // IIE Solutions;Sep2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the improvement of manufacturing facility for Ford Motor Co.'s Jaguar model. Productivity increase as a result of culture change; Factors for the success of the plant; Employee development program at the facility. INSET: The Jaguar X-Type.
- A Formula Worth Duplicating. Harbour, Ron // Automotive Industries;Oct2000, Vol. 180 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on automobile maker, Ford Motor Company. Ford's formula for success with Jaguar; Issues addressed by the company's objectives for the reorganization of Jaguar's factories; Production plans of Ford for Jaguar.
- From classic Jags to pre-fab buildings. // Automotive News;3/27/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6195, p54
The article reports that the automobile Jaguar of Ford Motor Co. has sold its historic Browns Lane plant site in the British midlands to a firm that makes prefabricated buildings. Ford's British luxury brand will move its headquarters, veneer manufacturing operation and Jaguar museum to a new...
- Jaguar: continuing losses delay recovery. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;December2004, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p16
Reports that the Jaguar plant of Ford Motor Co. in Coventry, England, looks set to close as the automobile maker battles to control its cost base. Opposition of trade unions and politicians to the closure; Competitors of the brand in the marketplace; Reduction in the sales target of Jaguar.
- New line to build engine for 'Baby Jag'. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;02/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the line installment of Ford Motors Co. at its engine factory in Bridgend, Wales which will build engines for Jaguar and other Premier Automotive Group brands. Amount of cash invested by the company for the line installment; Information on it s operation schedule; Number of people to...
- Jaguar likely for Halewood. // Professional Engineering;11/19/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p7
Announces that Ford's Halewood factory in Great Britain is likely to be chosen to produce Jaguar's new X-400 car despite competition from plans in Ohio and Cologne, Germany.
- Jaguar takes a singular approach. // Engineer (00137758);9/5/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7683, p6
Reports on the plan of Ford Motor Co. to unveil its XK Coupe Jaguar automobile in the 2005 Frankfurt motor show in Germany. Physical description and structure of the new automobile; Powertrain operation; Fuel economy.
- Jaguar pulls the plug on free scheduled maintenance. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;12/19/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6181, p24
This article reports that Ford Motor Co.'s luxury-car brand Jaguar no longer provides free scheduled maintenance for new vehicles that are under warranty. Jaguar ended its free maintenance programs for 2006 models covered by bumper-to-bumper warranties. Dealers who sell the two brands say the...
- The Premier Group's Problems. Keller, Maryann // Automotive Industries;Aug2001, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p17
Comments on the way Ford Motor Co. has handled its acquired Jaguar automobile property. Value of the acquisition deal; Improvements in the quality of Jaguar; Comparison on the sales performance of Jaguar with other luxury vehicles; Problem with the financial deal offerings of Jaguar.