NEWS ON THE WEB
- Hospitality urges caution on tips law. Kuhn, Kerstin // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4555, p8
The article focuses on the implications of the British government's proposals to ban hotels and restaurants in Great Britain from using tips to make up the national minimum wage (NMW). A consultation on the proposals which runs from November 2008 to February 16, 2009 will also look at measures...
- Legislative developments. // Professional Manager;Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the latest legislative developments being made that promotes better tipping practices among businesses in Great Britain. It mentions that new codes for best practices were launched through the help of various business organizations, which include giving a wage increase of...
- DON'T LET TIP POOLS SINK YOUR EMPLOYEE MORALE. DEUTSCH, JONATHAN // Restaurant Business;Feb2016, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the elimination of tipping and its impact on the issue of fair practices in the restaurant industry. Topics discussed include the association of tipping elimination with employee morale, the right of a customer to ask who receives the tip, monitoring of more tips of some...
- Avoid minimum wage headache. Anderson, James; Arron, Nick // Publican's Morning Advertiser;3/27/2014, Issue 141, p12
The article focuses on the legal aspects of national minimum wage rates in Great Britain. Topics include the proposed minimum wage increase by British Chancellor George Osborne in October 2014, the significant implications of inflated wage rate in several businesses such as retail, leisure, and...
- The trouble with tipping. Craigie, Jim // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2010, Issue 125, p42
The article presents advice for Australians traveling abroad on how much money they should tip to service staff at establishments in countries such as the U.S., Mexico, France and South Africa.
- State of Origin tipping. // Travel Daily;5/26/2014, p3
The article offers information on the State of Origin tipping competition for"Travel Daily" readers in 2014.
- BEAUTY DIRECTIONS 1984 HAIRSTYLES. Fornay, Alfred // Ebony;Jan1984, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p110
The article offers beauty tips for the mature woman which focus on hairstyles, cosmetic enhancement, and skin treatment to unleash their magnificent, mature looks.
- Tip secrets. Haefner, Rene // Detroit Monthly;Jul96, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p44
Presents advice on proper tipping. Problem regarding the subject of tipping; Tipping as a show of appreciation; Confusion surrounding when and when not to hand out gratuities.
- Study examines tipping. // Hotel & Motel Management;03/17/97, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p14
Reports that the custom of tipping is more prevalent in countries where citizens value status and prestige more highly, according to a Cornell University study. Tipping as a form of conspicuous consumption; Relationship between the number of service professions tipped in 20 countries and...