Director's promise on migrant staff
- Rule change for non- European workers. // Building Design;10/10/2008, Issue 1839, p6
The article reports on the changes in the immigration rules for practices employing workers from outside Europe. It states that practices must register as sponsors before employing anyone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). According to the article, the tier two category of the...
- Female Asian migrants increasing and vulnerable. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p61
Reports on the increasing number of female Asian migrants. Public concerns about the plight of unprotected female migrant workers; Restrictions for migrant women workers; Migration of women to support their families.
- Disaster for recruiters if migrants up and left. Cottell, Colin // Recruiter;3/3/2010, p5
The article reports on the importance of migrant workers in a local recruitment agency in Great Britain.
- Ethnic job makers at work. Kyriakopoulos, Vikki // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/11/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5965, p38
Focuses on the Australian government's Working Nation jobs program for unemployed migrant communities from non-English speaking backgrounds. Reduction of high levels of unemployment among ethnic communities as key focus of the program; Marketing drive to promote Working Nations programs;...
- Hope for China's Migrant Women Workers. Ye, Zhang; Young, Joe; Hulme, Virginia A. // China Business Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p30
Deals with the working condition of migrant women workers in China. Estimated number of migrant laborers working in Guangdong Province, China; Information on the residential permit system that prevents migrant laborers from staying in the big cities of the country permanently; Rights violations...
- Influx of Syrian workers irks Lebanese. Yeranian, Edward Alan // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 213, p7
Talks about the immigration of Syrian workers into Lebanon in search of job. Reaction of Lebanese merchants to the influx; Statistical details and speculations on the issue; Comments of Syrian workers about their treatment by the Lebanese.
- Palestinian unemployment sapping territories. Lynfield, Ben // Christian Science Monitor;5/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 114, p7
Discusses the plan of the Israeli government to refuse to admit 11,000 Palestinian workers to work in Israel, and the effect on the Palestinians who were refused.
- 'This isn't special treatment, we're just looking after our community.'. Stanistreet, Paul // Adults Learning;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p11
This article focuses on the findings of The Dynamics of Migrant Labour, a project that assesses the public service needs of South Lincolnshire, England with regard to its increased dependence on migrant labour. The project found that the demands on public services have become greater and more...
- Desperate employers cry out for migrant labour. Howe, Darcus // New Statesman;06/26/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4492, p22
Discusses the need for migrant labor in Great Britain due to the shortage of labor in certain areas of the country's economy. Story of a West African entrepreneur who desperately needs employees; Issue of morality or nationalism involving labor in Great Britain.