NEWS IN BRIEF
- TAKING ON THE ISSUE OF AGE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p52
The article offers information on a new employment guide to be published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. The CIPD guides will focus on specific aspects of employment. Called Research Insight, the first of these examines the state of play in age...
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p50
A calendar of events in Great Britain from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is presented. The Chiltern branch consultants' networking event at De Vere Bellhouse, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, England will be held on January 16, 2006. The annual employment law day at the...
- Getting HR's voice heard on policy. // People Management;Jun2016, p61
The article discussed the functions of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) public policy team including consultation on closed recruitment practices in the public sector and presentation.
- Research in the spotlglit at CIPD event. // People Management;Jun2016, p61
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Recruitment Exhibition which will be held in London, England from June 15 to 16, 2016 including the presentation of findings from the CIPD's "Employee Outlook" survey at the event.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p87
Presents an update on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development as of March 22, 2001. Session on implementing a work-life balance strategy; Availability of a position paper on the implications of technology on people management and development practitioners; Books published by the...
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p9
Provides an update related to employment and human resource practices in Great Britain as of January 2002. Discussion on the government funds given to subsidize employee education and training; Draft of employee regulation policies created by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- When talent is a luxury. Reeves, Richard // Management Today;Aug2008, p24
The article offers updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), a professional body for people who are involved in personnel training and development in Great Britain. It highlights the appointment of its new chief executive Jackie Orme and several launches of its...
- What can I earnâ€¦ in training in Scotland? // Personnel Today;5/22/2007, p31
The article provides information about the personnel management training in Scotland. It cites that a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualification, along with any human resource (HR) experience and learning and development skills, is necessary in order to get in the...
- What are the recruiters offering employers? Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;9/28/2004 Supplement, p10
The article focuses on recruitment markets. After a couple of relatively flat years, the recruitment market is showing strong signs of warming up. Evidence of the downside for human resource of this trend was clear in the 2004 Recruitment and Retention Survey published by the Chartered Institute...