RECRUITERS CALL FOR TEAM SPIRIT
- ...but minister urges sector to do more to help jobless. // Personnel Today;12/2/2008, p1
The article reports that Great Britain's employment and welfare reform minister Tony McNulty has called on the public sector to hire more long-term unemployed people and apprentices to fight rising jobless figures. McNulty said state employers needed to think more imaginatively about how they...
- The eternal optimist... Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;2/3/2009, p6
The article presents an interview with Great Britain employment minister Tony McNulty. McNulty said his main priority was to keep the number of long-term unemployed people as low as possible. He says that during tough times people need help in finding jobs. He says that workforce planning was...
- Rule-heavy Europe goes temp. Echikson, William // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/97, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p1
Discusses unemployment and the temporary job market in Europe. Statistics on the number of Europeans out of work as of November 1997; Creation of temporary jobs; Opportunities for American companies due to the burgeoning temp market; How many Europeans see the rise of temping as an attack on...
- Options abound for jobless. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 25
Reports on the growing number of temporary employment opportunities for the unemployed in Tucson, Arizona. Range of temporary employment arrangements offered by various agencies in the city; Industries in which the agencies are specializing.
- Short-term jobs provide more working opportunities for the unemployed. Winter, Amy // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/4/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 48, p4D
The article reports that temporary working assignments provide more opportunities to unemployed individuals because companies tend to hire workers in short term-basis.
- On a richer street, the axman reigns. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;3/7/94, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
Reports that employees in New York City fear they will lose their jobs as more and more jobs are contracted to temporary workers. Corporate America's purge of excess workers; Statistics on employment figures in the city; Number of workers on contingency status.
- Changes in Anabolic and Catabolic Activity among Women Taking Part in an Alternative Labour Market Programme. Westerlund, Hugo; Bergstr�m, Anna; Theorell, T�res // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Jan-Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p3
Thirty-two female participants in a mobilising labour market programme offering temporary, alternative employment in Sweden were followed longitudinally for one year, including a six month post participation follow-up period. It can be hypothesised that an important aspect of the physiological...
- Temps contribute to low unemployment. Boles, Margaret // Workforce (10928332);Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the contribution of the American temporary staffing industry to the country's low unemployment rates. Opportunities for workers in all skill levels.
- Temporary Employment: An Emerging Alternative for College Graduates. Gainey, Thomas W.; Barnett, Laura; Davis, Charity; Bell, Michelle T.; Curvino, Bill // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring2003, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the increasing number of college graduates turning to the temporary employment industry in the U.S. Increment of unemployment rate; Factors influencing the number of graduates opting to work in internships to gain some experience; Emphasis of temporary employment on employees who are...