Maluses -- the opposite of bonuses
- Employment Horizon and the Choice of Performance Measures: Empirical Evidence from Annual Bonus Plans of Loss-Making Entities. Matějka, Michal; Merchant, Kenneth A.; Van der Stede, Wim A. // Management Science;Jun2009, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p890
We examine the extent to which employment horizon concerns affect the relative emphasis on financial versus nonfinancial performance measures in annual bonus plans. We argue that managers of loss-making firms are likely to voluntarily or forcibly depart in the near future and, consequently, have...
- Another illogical bout of bonus envy. Mounty, Peter // Mortgage Strategy;8/10/2009, p14
The article reports on the author's perspectives on the awarding of small number of senior or talented people instead of those who really contribute much to increased profits of banks in Great Britain. The author claims that to average wage earners these bonuses seem excessive and...
- Mergers & Integration. Adhikari, Anand // Business Today;2/7/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p70
The article presents a corporate profile for HDFC Bank Ltd. in India. It states that the company was listed on the number 10 slot on Business Today- Indicus-PeopleStrong's Best Companies to Work For survey in 2010. It indicates that the firm is one of the few banks in the country that...
- Banker Bonuses. Hightower, Jim // Progressive Populist;2/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
The author reflects on the reduction of bonuses of top banking executives in Wall Street, New York. In an internal mailing, a Citigroup Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) breaks the news that the bonuses of ten members of senior leadership team will be down by 40%, but will still be getting 60%...
- Performance Bonus Plans: Boon for Managers and Stockholders. Bourke, John T. // Management Review;Nov75, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p13
Explains the impact of incentive bonus plans for top- and middle-management employees on corporate profits. Return on sales and investment; Compensation of managers; Comparative profit performance between bonus-paying and non-bonus-paying companies.
- FROM OUR READERS. Scott, R.C.; Freedman, Robert // Management Review;Jul87, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p6
Presents comments made by readers of the periodical 'Management Review.' Tax break to workers whose companies link pay in part to profit; Role of tax-free bonus systems in reducing unemployment during recessions; Complexity of commission plan.
- Performance Review. Pask, Adrian // Best's Review;Jun2003, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p42
Reports on the growth of distribution channel in the U.S. Evaluation of the performance of distribution asset; Measurement of profitability by product neutral production; Increase in productivity bonuses.
- Special Report Saudi banking. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/23/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p42
The article offers information on the status of the Saudi banking sector. It discusses the impact of inflation on the banking sector with respect to its expenses related to the employees' salaries and bigger bonuses. This will reportedly affect the profitability of the banking sector. Retail...
- EU set to extend bank bonus cap to hit 10 times more people. Dale, Samuel // Fundweb;5/20/2013, p13
The article reports that European Union (EU) plans to extend bank bonus cap. It states that the cap is expected to hit all bank staff earning salaries of 500,000 pounds or more rather than simply risk-takers. It mentions that the European Banking Authority is set to publish details of the cap...