SPECIAL FORCES TRAINING MATERIALS AVAILABLE VIA BLACKBOARD
- Special Forces: Development, Structures, Missions. // Military Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the development, structures and missions of special forces in various countries. Definition of special forces; History of special forces since World War II; National differences in the operations of special forces; Operational scenarios.
- GLOSSARY. McNab, Chris // Survive in the Jungle with the Special Forces "Green Berets";2003, p90
The section presents various terms related to special military forces.
- Special Forces of the World. McNab, Chris // Martial Arts for Special Forces;2003, p92
This section lists several special forces in various countries.
- FROM THE COMMANDANT. Carnko, Thomas R. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the discussion by Special Warfare Center and School deputy commanding general on the demands of U.S. special forces training, one on the opportunities for intermediate-level education available to Army Special...
- MOVEMENT AND SIGNALING. McNab, Chris // Survive in the Jungle with the Special Forces "Green Berets";2003, p30
The article deals with the performance of U.S. Special Forces soldiers in Vietnam during military missions in the jungle. Owing to the number of obstacles and potential danger from animals, travel in the jungle must be undertaken with great care and planning. Though following a stream may mean...
- SHELTER. McNab, Chris // Survive in the Jungle with the Special Forces "Green Berets";2003, p60
The article focuses on the shelter needs of U.S. Special Forces soldiers in a jungle warfare. If it is possible, one should build a shelter on a high spot in a clearing well away from pools of water, where the ground will be dry, has few insects, and it will be easy to signal for help. One...
- The Foreign Comparative Testing Program. Camacho, Marlon // Air & Space Power Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the foreign equipment and technology used by the military personnel through the Foreign Comparative Testing (FTC) Program managed by the Comparative Testing Office in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics in the U.S....
- Training to Fight. McNab, Chris // Martial Arts for Special Forces;2003, p36
This article describes the training for unarmed combat techniques. Soldiers who are being trained for unarmed combat techniques must be physically fit, flexible, strong, fast and powerful. Combat fights follow several stages, which usually last not more than four to five seconds. Elite forces...
- Seoul: North Korea has studied U.S. warfare in Iraq, doubled its special forces and poses 'immediate threat'. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;1/27/2009, p1
The article reports that taking lessons from the ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, North Korea has expanded its special forces and improved its strike force. The country has also completed deployment of new medium-range missiles that could reach most of Asia, including the U.S. territory of...