- A Crowning Glory. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p32
Provides information about antlers and horns of deers.
- Antlers and horns. Thomas, Terry R. // Field & Stream;Oct96, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the differences between antlers and horns. Physical appearance; Number of points; Purposes. INSET: F&S tips for kids, by Keith McCafferty..
- Does Hunting Hurt Trophy Size? SAMUEL, DAVE // Bowhunter;Jul2013, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p26
The article raises question on the effect of hunting on the quality of horns and antlers in harvested animals.
- Antler Restrictions Adopted in Pennsylvania. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p130
Reports the approval of a proposed antler restriction in Pennsylvania. Categories of the proposed law; Protection of 85,000 small bucks; Implementation of several strategies to increase doe harvest.
- Finding tine. Bestul, Scott // Field & Stream;Feb2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p30
Discusses tips on finding shed antlers.
- Powder horn. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Jul2009, Issue 7, p27
Information on the term "Powder horn," is presented, which is an animal's horn used to carry gunpowder.
- Why Deer Shed Antlers. // Whitetail Journal;Oct2014, p10
The article explains how deer shed their antlers yearly before growing a new set and mentions topics including what comprises antlers, the growth phase of deer's antlers, and what slows antler growth.
- Assyrian Royal Hunts: Antlered and Horned Animals from Distant Lands. Albenda, Pauline // Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research;Feb2008, Issue 349, p61
Assyrian royal texts disclose the rich variety of wildlife encountered in distant landscapes during military campaigns. The royal hunts of wild animals are illustrated in the visual arts of Assyria, which include species of Cervidae and Bovidae. Singled out are the deer (fallow deer, red deer),...
- POINT PROJECTS. Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Nov2005, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p52
The article presents information on the uses of antlers. First use in door handles and another one in coat pegs. It suggests for sawing out the curved section of an antler beam, the then file each end at an angle so that both fit flat against a door. For coat pegs, it required to cut off the...