- DEC decision coming on fracking permits. Bertola, David // Buffalo Law Journal;6/11/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 47, p1
The article reports that the issuance of permits for the drilling of natural gas-rich Marcellus Shale in New York will be started by the state Department of Environmental Conservation in the end of 2012.
- DEC's Website Gets a New Look! // New York State Conservationist;Jun2007, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p31
The article reports that the website of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) in New York is being redesigned. The site is being redesigned to make it easier to use. Its web address will be changed into www.dec.ny.gov. The new design reorganizes web pages by topic. In 2006, DEC's...
- DEC announces 2010-11 waterfowl season dates. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the information for the upcoming waterfowl hunting season, located at the website of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in September 2010.
- greenways. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on various environmental education web sites including the Air and Waste Management Association at www.awma.org, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's environmental projects at www.dec.ny.gov, and the Green Schools Challenge project at www....
- NEWS. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p29
The article offers news briefs related to nature conservation in New York State. Environmental Conservation Investigators Kevin Beiter and Karen Przyklek received a complaint about illegal shellfish at a seafood company warehouse in Brooklyn. July 4, 2006 marks the grand opening of The Wild...
- Introducing the Frost Fish. Steinhart, Geoffrey B. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the efforts of biologists to restore the frost fish or whitefish in the Adirondacks in New York. The fish had once been found in Adirondack lakes, but by 2006 was only known to exist in seven of these historical waters. According to the article, the New York Department of...
- EPA Sees Risks to Water, Workers In New York Fracking Rules. Sapien, Joaquin // Pro Publica;1/8/2012, p2
The article presents the comments of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) towards the plans of the state government of New York on regulating the natural gas drilling at Marcellus Shale. According to EPA, the government needs more stringent actions to ensure safety of the drinking...
- Backyard Biology. Nelson, Dave // New York State Conservationist;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p22
The article reviews the wildlife web site, www.dec.ny.gov, from the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) of New York.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on various New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) matters. The DEC announced a regulation which prohibits both the intentional and indirect feeding through food attractants such as bird seeds of black bears. On April 23 to 24, 2011, DEC will hold...