Harcourt's K-12 Q3 Sales Up 47.5%; Higher Education Revenues Rise 7%
- Strong Quarter from Harcourt. // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p20
Deals with the corporate profit posted by Harcourt Inc. for the third-quarter that ended July 31, 1999. Increase of the company's revenues; Details on the company's performance.
- Harcourt Units Drive Sales at Reed Elsevier. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the increase in revenues of publishing firm Reed Elsevier in the first half of 2002. Rate of decline in pretax profit; Impact of the Harcourt acquisition on sales of Reed Elsevier; Sales of its legal group.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 13, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. Same-store sales of books rose 2.1% at Hastings Entertainment for the year ended January 31, 2008. Staffers in the Harcourt San Diego, California office were informed that only a few of them were offered relocation packages to the East...
- Correction. // Publishers Weekly;9/29/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 39, p6
A correction to the article "Life After Harcourt" that was published in the September 2008 issue is presented.
- Large Print Publishers Experience Mixed Results In K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006. // Electronic Education Report;8/25/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p1
The article presents information on financial results of K-12 sales of various companies in the first six months of 2006. Pearson Education Inc., a large educational publisher, increased its revenue by 20.4% to $2.12 billion from the first six months of 2005. Pearson Education Inc. recorded an...
- Harcourt's Ed. Unit Records Slower Growth In 3Q `99 Compared To `98. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the earnings of publisher Harcourt Incorporated's Education Group in the third quarter of 1999.
- Harcourt Probes Early Childhood Market With Web-based Product. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p6
Features the Harcourt EarlyLearner Web service from Harcourt.com and SchoolSuccess.net which enables teachers and parents to share an individualized profile of a child's development in learning areas.
- Harcourt Dominates Reading Textbook Adoption In Alabama. // Educational Marketer;10/1/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
Focuses on the dominance of Harcourt in reading texbook adoption in Alabama in 2001.
- Harcourt Forms Four Groups. // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 48, p26
Reports the corporate reorganization of Harcourt Inc. Details on the units of its education group; Information on their trade division; Members of the divisions.