THE TWO FACES OF GUN CONTROL
- Defender of Man. STEYN, MARK // National Review;5/5/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p72
The author discusses actor Charlton Heston's activism on behalf of guns. He notes Heston's service as president of the National Rifle Association and his appearance in the motion picture "Bowling for Columbine," directed by Michael Moore. He suggests that a shooting incident that Moore discusses...
- The ugly American. O'Neill, Terry; Leo, Geoff // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);05/08/2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
Reports on a speech given by Charlton Heston, president of the National Rifle Association (NRA), in British Columbia. Response of the media to his criticism of bill C-68, the Canadian gun-registration law; Reaction of Ivar Larson, president of the British Colombia Wildlife Federation, to...
- Hollywood conservative. Selle, Robert // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p54
Features activist actor Charlton Heston and his active involvements from civil rights to gun rights. His belief on cultural failure in America; His concern on human rights and cultural integrity in America; Family background of Heston.
- Fiddling with Heston while America burns. // National Catholic Reporter;05/14/99, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p28
Criticizes the the way Charlton Heston, president of the National Rifle Association (NRA), had manipulated the debate on gun control. Opposition of the NRA to gun control legislation; Violent incidents attributed to the proliferation of guns in the United States.
- Winning the Cultural War. Heston, Charlton // Vital Speeches of the Day;04/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p357
Presents a speech delivered by Charlton Heston, President of the National Rifle Association and Actor, given to the Harvard University Law Forum in February 1999. How the address dealt with the issue of becoming active in social changes.
- Lock `N' Lowdown. McCall, Bruce // New Yorker;02/07/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 45, p43
Presents some views concerning gun use in the United States. Anecdotes on gun safety and control; Information on gun-related injuries and incidents; Views of Charlton Heston about guns.
- We are engaged in a great civil war. Heston, Charlton // Human Events;03/06/98, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p12
Presents the text of a speech given by the vice president of the National Rifle Association at the 25th Conservative Political Action Conference, which deals with the sociocultural conditions of Americans.
- The lesson of the Resurrection. Parker Jr., Shafer // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;04/05/99, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p32
Reports on warnings that Hollywood actor Charlton Heston has made on how the tyranny of political correctness is threatening all freedoms. Why Heston is worried about the liberties of citizens; Excerpts from a speech Heston gave before the Harvard Law Forum in which he spoke about his...
- TOUCH SWORDS. Heston, Charlton // National Review;6/10/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p34
No abstract available.